Need help

mosan92

420 Member
This plant is about 3 weeks old , but i had a wrong start with it due to lack of experience as its my first time to grow cannabis so it took longer time to grow bigger.
I want to reassure whether I am on the right track for now or not , it has been growing Good the last five days But im concerned about how healthy they are .
Please note that im using Two 12 watt led lights 6500k 1000 lumens each, keeping them at 20 cm away from the top of the plant .
Looking eagerly to hear your advices
Regards

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks good overall - a bit of an odd growth pattern unless you pulled off a leaf, but that could be genetic- or environmentally-based. I think your not pressing problem is going to be that little lady’s desire for photons. 1000 lumens I don’t think is going to cut it very long - these girls have very high light consumption habits. Hope that helps!

A this stage she wants a good light , and two 12 watt house hold bulbs wont cut it.
She will grow but not fast.
You have not done much wrong by the looks of her.
Just one of those things more watts more growth.
Also looks like there not a fan of having those bulbs so close.
Kinda a trade of you need them close due to low wattage.
To close and they get hot and leaves claw up.

hope that helps :thumb:

Looks good overall - a bit of an odd growth pattern unless you pulled off a leaf, but that could be genetic- or environmentally-based. I think your not pressing problem is going to be that little lady’s desire for photons. 1000 lumens I don’t think is going to cut it very long - these girls have very high light consumption habits. Hope that helps!
Thank you very much for the reply , could you give me a hint About how many lights I should add ? I have one extra 12 watt led light and another 16 watt cfl .
And im not so sure about me pulling off a leaf maybe done by mistake which is possible i guess

A this stage she wants a good light , and two 12 watt house hold bulbs wont cut it.
She will grow but not fast.
You have not done much wrong by the looks of her.
Just one of those things more watts more growth.
Also looks like there not a fan of having those bulbs so close.
Kinda a trade of you need them close due to low wattage.
To close and they get hot and leaves claw up.

hope that helps :thumb:
Thanks for the helpful info mate , do you suggest to move them closer to the light ?
And what if i add more lights on the sides ?

I say add all lights back them off a little.
If thats an option. (adding all)
Thanks for the helpful info mate , do you suggest to move them closer to the light ?
And what if i add more lights on the sides ?

Agree with above, you need some decent lights, if you're growing more than one plant, at a minimum, you need something that will flower a 3X3 area. If only one plant, then 2x2 would work, but get the best most powerful light you can afford. Check out the sponsors and read some of the grow journals, it'll give you an idea of what is out there and their capabilities. Mars, Bestva, Viparspectra (sp) are all decent entry level lights. I'm running 2 2000 W (385 watt draw) Bestva's in a 6.5x6.5x7ft. tent. They perform quite well, but they're a a few years old, there's already better, cheaper ones.

Weed plants are light hogs. In a veg state, they can’t get enough light. You just don’t want to burn them with heat.

I have grown something under 50 watt of LED bulds way back.
Was if worth my trouble ye the info i gained.
I got some to flower and i never once got more than 18g dry.
And had better luck when just one lady.
Would i run out and buy loads of gear at your stage no it will be wasted.
BUT if you really want to grow something like the pics you see around this forum.
AS Phytoplankton said your need to spend a few $$$$. ;)

Agree with above, you need some decent lights, if you're growing more than one plant, at a minimum, you need something that will flower a 3X3 area. If only one plant, then 2x2 would work, but get the best most powerful light you can afford. Check out the sponsors and read some of the grow journals, it'll give you an idea of what is out there and their capabilities. Mars, Bestva, Viparspectra (sp) are all decent entry level lights. I'm running 2 2000 W (385 watt draw) Bestva's in a 6.5x6.5x7ft. tent. They perform quite well, but they're a a few years old, there's already better, cheaper ones.
Im growing 1 plant at the moment as there are other 3 plants has dead unfortunately. Luckily i still have this one and not saving any effort to achieve the best result. So 4000 lumens will work for 1 plant right ?

I have grown something under 50 watt of LED bulds way back.
Was if worth my trouble ye the info i gained.
I got some to flower and i never once got more than 18g dry.
And had better luck when just one lady.
Would i run out and buy loads of gear at your stage no it will be wasted.
BUT if you really want to grow something like the pics you see around this forum.
AS Phytoplankton said your need to spend a few $$$$. ;)
Haha , I have got 2 more lights which im going to add tomorrow , and going to buy some more as well .... hope I won’t burn it with my excitement haha
Thank you all for the great info’s
Much appreciated

lumens is just wattage , I would say IF your sticking with bulbs they will get hot even the led ones 20cm way to close.
If you add more , more heat back of even more.
50 watt min and thats not 100% going to get your girl to flower.
Its the spectrum of the bulbs you worry about.
Warm white cool blue etc.
Im sure your find some info on which is best at what stage.

Bulbs and tubes get hot. LED does not. If you’re only using LED, you can’t give them enough light. You can also get them for 24 hours at a time and LED costs close to nothing. I’ve grown thousands of these plants and this is my advise

Bulbs and tubes get hot. LED does not. If you’re only using LED, you can’t give them enough light. You can also light them for 24 hours at a time and LED costs close to nothing. I’ve grown thousands of these plants and this is my advise

Led bulb it not hot to touch like normal bulb i agree.
Stick 5 of them at full power around your young lady your find they are hot.
look at your lady she will tell you my friend and you have a claw on your leaf.
Its not wattage you dont have much is how close your bulbs are (heat).
Also thats 5 flittings for those lights which do get hot.

Bulbs and tubes get hot. LED does not. If you’re only using LED, you can’t give them enough light. You can also light them for 24 hours at a time and LED costs close to nothing. I’ve grown thousands of these plants and this is my advise
Led bulb it not hot to touch like normal bulb i agree.
Stick 5 of them at full power around your young lady your find they are hot.
look at your lady she will tell you my friend and you have a claw on your leaf.
Its not wattage you dont have much is how close your bulbs are (heat).
Also thats 5 flittings for those lights which do get hot.
I have Just moved her further, Lights are 32 cm away ( about 1 f ) and going to add some more by the sides tomorrow with the same distance. Is that better ?

Back
Top Bottom