Need help: Overheating?

Tranttt

420 Member
420-magazine-mobile506527128.jpg

My tents 80x80x160(cm) with 4 fan (2 in under insde 2out top) veg with 5 plant sativa, soil & Nutrient Flora. First time(week 1 in seeds) VEG 16/8 im use CFL and i see it so hot 40c that bad and i change 300w led panel (galaxyhydro grow light fixture) it 38c(week 2).. Final 400w cod led full spectrum(i think actual is ~250w) temp is 35c~36c(week3) from the lights to the plant is ~35cm(~15in) it so slow im so sad and i think time veg is very bad . Now this picture. PLEASE GIVE ADVICES!!!! THANKS ALLLL ...

For one week, they look okay. I found CFL generate way more heat than everyone seems to believe, so I'm not surprised that your temperatures dropped with LED.

I would check your air extraction next if it's still hot in the tent, unless the ambient air temperature is also high. How are you removing air?

Hi Tranttt

Don't worry, Sativa dominant strains usually take the heat better than their Indica counterparts. Right now I'm battling high temps and mine are also in the 35 celsius (95F) range and there is simply no way to combat that, save for the air conditioner. If the ambient temperature is high, there's very little you can do without an air conditioner or some kind of a cooler.

Your ladies will be fine and they look great.

All the best.

Not sure what you mean by - My tents 80x80x160(cm) with 4 fan (2 in under insde 2out top)

Sounds Mmm i'm not sure on how you got your set up do you have any pic's please.

Just thinking an odd ventilation issue.

Oh by the way welcome to :420::Namaste:

Hi Tranttt

Don't worry, Sativa dominant strains usually take the heat better than their Indica counterparts. Right now I'm battling high temps and mine are also in the 35 celsius (95F) range and there is simply no way to combat that, save for the air conditioner. If the ambient temperature is high, there's very little you can do without an air conditioner or some kind of a cooler.

Your ladies will be fine and they look great.

All the best.

Bill electic is big problem in my country so the air conditioner is impossible .

Not sure what you mean by - My tents 80x80x160(cm) with 4 fan (2 in under insde 2out top)

Sounds Mmm i'm not sure on how you got your set up do you have any pic's please.

Just thinking an odd ventilation issue.

Oh by the way welcome to :420::Namaste:

Okay wait me. Im will sent pictures to you with by text

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers for the PM & pic's :thumb:

Those pc fans may not be cutting the ice so well !

420-magazine-mobile1396187229.jpg

You need air exchange around 15 to 20 times per hour of total volume of your grow tent as an example, depending on where you are in may be worked out in cubic feet per minute or cubic meters per hour so different calculations in the long run & unfortunately a few methods to work it out !

I would more likely suggest getting an inline exhaust fan some thing like this & perhaps a carbon filter if odour is a problem ?

0021085.JPG
0031035.JPG

4 inch should work fine for a tent your size.

You just need to exhaust warm air out of room completely in the long run, other wise you are just recycling warm air & over time adding more heat in an in closed area.

You should be ok if you open up the those passive vent based at the bottom of the tent the exhaust fan should pull enough new air in through those to help deal with temp issue providing exhaust air is out of room !

420-magazine-mobile1626954581.jpg

That hopefully should get temps some where down between 25c to 30c on average.

I may just add an oscillating fan like this.

PICT000847.JPG
PICT000743.JPG

To help move air around the plants this will also help lower temp a little :thumb:

Cheers for the PM & pic's :thumb:

Those pc fans may not be cutting the ice so well !

420-magazine-mobile1396187229.jpg

You need air exchange around 15 to 20 times per hour of total volume of your grow tent as an example, depending on where you are in may be worked out in cubic feet per minute or cubic meters per hour so different calculations in the long run & unfortunately a few methods to work it out !

I would more likely suggest getting an inline exhaust fan some thing like this & perhaps a carbon filter if odour is a problem ?

0021085.JPG
0031035.JPG

4 inch should work fine for a tent your size.

You just need to exhaust warm air out of room completely in the long run, other wise you are just recycling warm air & over time adding more heat in an in closed area.

You should be ok if you open up the those passive vent based at the bottom of the tent the exhaust fan should pull enough new air in through those to help deal with temp issue providing exhaust air is out of room !

420-magazine-mobile1626954581.jpg

That hopefully should get temps some where down between 25c to 30c on average.

I may just add an oscillating fan like this.

PICT000847.JPG
PICT000743.JPG

To help move air around the plants this will also help lower temp a little :thumb:

In my country get the carbon filter very expensive...im let do it.. Im will doing remaining alternatives...thank you so much .

After 2 weeks
Temp 32-36
Humidity ~55%

3day ago
420-magazine-mobile124491040.jpg

Now this
420-magazine-mobile2009943306.jpg

Week 5 veg in seed & my veg time plan is 10week so How will it with the temp from 32-36c

Back
Top Bottom