Need Lighting Advice

thehitman

I have a 6x4 grow room (flowering only) currently using 600 W HPS. The results are good so far - first grow with 4 plants under the HPS.

I am thinking that I could improve the next grow with additional lighting.

The heat from the HPS is pulled out by the vent fan, so the temp range in the flower room is 84*/65* F

I think if I added another HPS the heat may be a problem?

What additional lighting do you suggest to increase the lighting? LED, CFL, standard florescent mounted vertically?

With more light, I think I could get another 4 plants in the flower room.

Please share your experience.

thanks

:allgood:

yes, a second 600W HPS would be a perfect light boost and could fit with some mods. My concern is the heat factor. The vent fan on 6" tubing is rated max 250 CFM air boost.

Don't know if the current fan / vent system would control the heat effectively???

the current temp range recorded on the therm is low 62* (dark cycle) hi 84*F day cycle.

Don't want to exceed the high 80's - would the current fan be ok or would I have heat problems?

Also thinning about power costs. Thats why I mentioned other types of light. What size of LED would equal a 600W HPS? Or can some florescent lighting help in the grow room?

thanks for the help!

is the fan you have now,a speed control fan,or is it a duct booster style??

I run a 400cfm at about 1/2 speed for 2 600 in a 40x60in space i never go above 85 ever.

not sure about your location,but for me 600 cost about 45 a month to run--currently have 3-600-3-8bulb t-5 assorted fans and such
with the house usage=about 300 a month total.

for the led equivalent its a znet9 from topled,I have one,but have yet to try it.so I cannot say if its on par,yet

the fan is fixed speed in the duct vent fan, I would need to figure out how to vent two HPS lamps with my current set up - it may be fine and could handle the extra light w/o too much heat boost - I don't know.

With more light, I could get 8 plants in the flower room. How much was the znet9?

here is the specs for the znet9,they are a site supporter. I just saw a amazon sale for 250

Product Key Features:
Max Power:480W Hydroponic Led Grow Light
Comsumption Power:380w
630:660:450:6500k:420= 8:battingeyelashes:4:blushsmile:1
Working Temperature: -20 To 40degrees
LED Quantity:162pcs High Power 3W LED
Operating Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
Optical Lens: 90degrees
Size:18"Lx18"Wx3"H(300*300*80mm)
PAR Reading:
400umol@16inch
306umol@24inch
186umol@32inch
Coverage:
4.5'X4.5' @18"
5.5'X5.5'@24"
7.5'X7.5'@36"
Plants Can Be Grown: 6~9 Plants
Accessory:power Lead+Hanging Kits+Piggy Cords

Hey Hitman..

You could most definitely add an LED panel on either side of that 600w HPS and have great results. We've help setup many rooms lately that mix HPS and LED.. and is seems especially in winter when people sometimes want the extra heat boost that the HPS provides.

For a 4 x 6, you could obviously get a panel on either side as stated.. the question mainly is what your budget is and what your desired results would be.

The best situation would be a P600 on either side.. which would absolutely kill it in all ways. One P600 is equal to roughly 800w of HPS growing power and hits a 4' depth perfectly being as that it's a 36" x 8" panel. It's also the maximum PAR that you can obtain from any LED grow light per watts consumed on the market. Compare our PAR tests to the above and you'll see.. 18" @ 1535, 24" @ 1140. Also.. the most complete spectrum possible by using 11 different bands of light.

P600 detail here - P600 :: Platinum Grow Lights

Check out Tav's 2 x P600 grow.. amazing.. PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Garden

The main thing is to do it right! The right solution will pay you back over and over and over again just your very first cycle with increased yield and decreased power consumption. You definitely get what you pay for with LED grow lights these days..

Big plants. Big.. big, healthy, sticky, beautiful plants..

IMG_77611.JPG

Back
Top Bottom