need opinion on how I'm doing clones

wheelz

I'm on my 10th grow.I started with just autos but quickly learned they just not worth the $. So I bought 2 4x4 tent for veg each has 600watt mh then for flower I bought a 6.5ftx6.5ft.I also purchased clone tent.I had been ordering all my seeds from single seed center an growing autos I couldn't clone so I'd order every month.wen I decided to go with fem seeds i made a last order with 5 strains. I do clone but keep no mother plants. Once they 3-4 ft I lollipop close to half plant an use those for clone box.each one of my tents is roughly a month behind next.in big flower tent I have 2 1000watt HP's one on each side.so half flower tent is 1 month younger than other side this way I have a 6-8 plant harvest each month.I forgot to mention that once they have 3 good sets of leave I start topping.I heard this too early but works for me.I continusly top them thru beg until week before flower.that way I have nothing but colas no whispy or small buds.I also tie up top plant which let's me fit more plants in flower.I'm afraid to keep mothers cause I take around 30 clones per month.does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Its not that its not working but I'm not taking clones from a perfect plant an clones don't always produce to full potential

Genetics matter so selecting the "right" plant for your mom. You could take 45 clones and throw out the smaller ones. I have seen the same thing happen with hundreds of clones some grow slower some take longer to root etc. This also comes from old growth clones or new growth clones. It is like the problem of getting flowering shoots to clone it can be done just takes a lot longer to do.

Back
Top Bottom