Need some help worried about these cold temps starting

highintoronto

Hey all

Am growing two plants on my balcony this year

One is Girl Scout Strain nice and bushy and started showing her white hairs about 2weeks ago

Have no clue at all what strain other plant is but is tiny,stalk and started flowering about 2 weeks ago

I have switched to Schultz All purpose plant food 20-30-20 every other feeding and just basically tap water

There light cycle has basically been what ever the days light has been and i didn't cover it at all to induce the flowering cycle.

I have kids and cannot bring them inside (the smell off them is amazing I can't wait) and with the cooler temps coming am wondering when i should start to worry.

They r both in pots and i have wrapped the bases in silver reflected almost bubblewrap shit to hopefully keep roots warm but am unsure what if anything I should do know to keep the foilage and flowers protected....Any help???

Also have noticed couple of lower branches have small flowers coming up with very lil white hairs showing....prune them off individually or whole stem????

Thanks in advance and will post pics soon as i figure out how to

Happy puffs!!!!!!:thanks::thumb:

Those little white hairs will eventually turn into bud so ya don't really wanna trim em off...

The cooling temps could well be a problem as i suspect ya got some 8 weeks yet to go for harvest so ya looking at early to mid november at best... out doors !

Humidity might be a problem as the weather cools off as it may well rise, leading to problems with bud rot !

So the best advice is really hard to call...

1. You could get a small plastic/polythene type green house tent/cover from a DIY store/garden centre this will raise temps once plants are inside & will protect from lowering temps... humidity might still be a problem !

2. Plant seeds earlyer on in season to let plants develope.

3. Force flower them if grown in pots out side by routine placing them in darkness to simulate 12/12 from mid summer to gain an early harvest around september, yup that means a daily task...

4. Look at auto flowering strains for next year, germinate seeds mid/late spring indoors & place out doors for early summer once temps are suitable & expect a 3 month to 4 month period to end harvest :thumb:

Thanks for your replies guys much appreciated.

As far as New growth starting now (new flowers with little to no hairs at bottom of stems) that will no way catch up to the others should I pinch them off or just let them bloom now that she in in flowering stage

My wife passed away last year before she had a chance to sample our first grow and the seeds were from a seed bank and I found one left in her drawer which is what I am growing now and will be smoked only at her grave so i really want this to make it to harvest
Thanks
H.I.T:420:

build a cold frame, surround the pots with bricks leaving a space to put a small safe heat source, such as a nice big pan of dry but heated rice. you will figure out how often you need to swap out pans of dry rice, but you can completely control the temperature in this manner and all of the bricks will help maintain a constant and average heat that should help you get through a nights sleep.
worth a shot

Oh and the rice and extra heat will very much help to control humidity =)

20130917_173203.jpg
20130914_135433.jpg
20130914_131707.jpg
20130917_173135.jpg
20130914_135407.jpg
20130911_185053.jpg
20130917_173128.jpg
20130914_135342.jpg
20130905_161930.jpg

Thanks Coke420...Hope it works

With the days getting shorter the girls are getting about 9 hrs of full sunlight and then 3 more out in open before I cover them....as far as them having a 12/12 cycle in flowering would the 3hrs of light (but not sunlight) before covering still work on keeping the plant in its flowering stage without reverting to veg??

If you have a roof on your balcony your pretty well set unless your talking extended frost. I would concentrate on blocking any wind during cold snaps. A nice piece of clear plastic blocking breeze and still allow sunshine should help.

Hey all

Am growing two plants on my balcony this year

One is Girl Scout Strain nice and bushy and started showing her white hairs about 2weeks ago

Have no clue at all what strain other plant is but is tiny,stalk and started flowering about 2 weeks ago

I have switched to Schultz All purpose plant food 20-30-20 every other feeding and just basically tap water

There light cycle has basically been what ever the days light has been and i didn't cover it at all to induce the flowering cycle.

I have kids and cannot bring them inside (the smell off them is amazing I can't wait) and with the cooler temps coming am wondering when i should start to worry.

They r both in pots and i have wrapped the bases in silver reflected almost bubblewrap shit to hopefully keep roots warm but am unsure what if anything I should do know to keep the foilage and flowers protected....Any help???

Also have noticed couple of lower branches have small flowers coming up with very lil white hairs showing....prune them off individually or whole stem????

Thanks in advance and will post pics soon as i figure out how to

Happy puffs!!!!!!:thanks::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom