Need some nutrient and water help

Ace

Well yesterday I just found out the plant I was growing is a female!!!!:allgood: So now i have some questions. Currently I have some stuff called Kabloom(i think thats what its called) it's 0-45-0. How much of this nutirents should I use and how often should I water the plant with these nutrients? I heard I should water with regular water before the nutes since the nutes can burn right? How much regular water should I use? I also have some potassium nutes, how much of this should I use?

Thanks

kool and also send us pics please cmon we live for pics and we can help u too!

Hey Ace i dont think thats going to be good. Plants still need a little N and K during flowering. No matter what you only want to use 1/4 strength what ever it says on the label if your going to use that stuff. A good rule of thumb on watering is water when the first 2 inches of soil get dry. You mix the nutes with the water the instructions should tell you this.

Ok, I'm looking at it now and it says 2-45-28(Kool Bloom). So far I've been giving it nutes about once a week at 1/4 strength of some 1.5-.75-1.5 called Mother Earth Bleneded Organic Super Tea. This week I plan on giving it 1/4 strength Kool Bloom. I also have some Potassium Silicate. Should I use this. I have no idea what it is. Anyways, I checked on my plant yesterday and it is growing nicely. It has grown about 3-4". I have counted 11 bud sites so far. Just a bunch of hairs for now, but hopefully soon I'll see some actual bud.

you should find a fert with higher Nitrogen content...atleast for the intial stages of budding...after the 1st 3-4wks (or so) of flowering the nitrogen can be kept low to produce bigger buds (ie. monster bloom and ferts like these with zero nitrogen content) but for best tasting weed...2 weeks of zero fertz and plain water in the last 2 weeks of your flowering process is preferred

Also don't over-do the fertz by trying to use a bunch at the same time. (organic ferts are always the best)
Hope this helps

eyeless knows what hes talking about, was gonna say all that but he got it first.

the mother earth organic tea you have is good for vegging (i used this on my plant with great results) but you need the bloom variety of it, judging from the N-P-K amounts you have the grow variety. bloom has a blue sticker on the front instead of green.

do not use kool bloom during this stage of flowering. that is specifically for the latter stages of flowering when you need to stress the plant a bit to make it stronger.

i also wikipedia'd the potassium silicate and it says it's primary use is for an adhesive for welding rods. it also mentioned it was a salt. neither of these qualities are good for growing marijuana.

johndough210 said:
i also wikipedia'd the potassium silicate and it says it's primary use is for an adhesive for welding rods. it also mentioned it was a salt. neither of these qualities are good for growing marijuana.

??? The bottle says advanced nutrients. This is form the label, " Barricade is a potassium silicate that is proven to be a beneficial supplement to plants" . Looking at it now, I think it's actually called Barricade, and I think it's just telling you that it's a potassium silicate. Or maybe it's just because I'm high, who know's.

Here's what the advancednutrients website says about Barricade:

"You're sick of seeing your plants eaten by bugs, suffocated by mold and mildew, or stressed by drought and heat.

You don't want to chop them because it means chopping your profits. You don't want to use poisons and other gunk to kill pests, because nobody wants to consume crops polluted by stuff that makes people sick. Nor do you want to make yourself sick using poisons in the grow room.
So how do you protect plants from the inside out without using poisons?

Barricade them.

Barricade is an exclusive, natural formula made by Advanced Nutrients scientists who were instructed to formulate an effective plant protection method that doesn't rely on poison.

BARRICADE

· All-natural & totally safe for gardeners and customers

· Fights Bugs, Fungi, Molds, Stress, Drought

· Most concentrated, soluble, easy to use, & cost-effective

· Protects clones, transplants, seedlings, mature plants

They discovered natural substances that could be fed to and applied on plants to make stronger internal and external cells. These strengthened cells resist pathogen attacks from inside and outside the plant. They also resist other problems that weaken or kill plants.

Barricade hydroponics formula fortifies cells in outer layers of stems, roots and leaves. Barricade's external shielding and internal strengthening heightens immune response and deters predators such as aphids, mites, and fungi. Barricaded hydroponics plants have tougher skin that naturally repels insects, diseases and stress.

"This is a good thing to have. I refused to used poison sprays, copper and sulfur burners, but I was having losses due to insects and powdery mildew. Barricade took care of it real well for me. Barricade works better than poisons. A lot of my friends who are growers were skeptical about it but they are believers now."
- Roger, from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan"

P.S. I'm a big fan of advancednutrients products (no, I don't work for them).

Also, imo--
If you see buds forming, and you've used a nutrient that contains N, you don't need to add any more, there's enough residual N left in the soil and stored in the fan leaves. Just add a little bit of sugar (I recommend 1 oz. unsewwtened pineapple juice per gal. of water). The sugar feeds the mychorrizae which aid in nutrient uptake.

Back
Top Bottom