Needs some help with ripening of buds

420inOregon

Ok its day 67 and my buds are frosty but not turning amber. My question is how do I rippen them get them to turn amber? I would like to have about a 70/30 amber being 30%. here's some pics and any help would be better than no help.So please help should I pull or not pull?
028126.JPG
022150.JPG
026126.JPG
011425.JPG
002859.JPG

These pics are a few days old. They ony get water from here on out maybe a lil mollasses but thats it. So please if you can find it in your hearts to help a poor ol disabled guy in need of his meds to hurry up and turn.LMFAO, Im getting medicated right now and being goofy. And yes I am Diabled Im not joking there so nobody gets hurt. I think I got pics of them (my ankles) in my gallery if you want to look they are gross.So I wont post.
Back to topic yeah I need A lil help please.:peace:

Re: needs some help with rippening of buds.

Take a deep breath.....now exhale slowly. Don't rush it. I would keep feeding them until they do begin to turn, right now could be the week that they really pack on the weight.

As far as I know there is no way to hurrying the process although I have read somewhere that putting them in total darkness for 3-5 days stresses them out so they start to mature more rapidly. Could backfire though and you end up with hermies if they don't ripen after the dark period. I just had to harvest a Northern Lights plant that decided to develop male flowers 8 weeks into flowering and she was nowhere near down. Have to wait to see if the smoke is any good.

:peace::peace::peace::lot-o-toke:Ya, dude i am having the same deal goin on. mine are in week # 6 and the red hairs are very prevalent . I am not sure when to chop them. any one know for sure. I have ckd the trics and they still look clearer than not, but i only have a jewelers eye.I have heard a lot of different things.

willie i had a microscope to look at the thricromes before i harvested mine and it doesn't really work as good as you need it to, We kinda just chopped our plants down off of feel, most the hairs were turning red and the caylax's were just swole up you could tell it was ready to come down. when the time is right you will know it.

thanks everyone for the advice iI know patience. LOL its just hard when you dont have any. I havent bought any in a month.

What is the strain? If it's a sativa imho you really don't want amber trics. It gives a more narcotic effect which can ruin the high effect of a sativa. Turning back your light cycle to 8hrs could help to ripen the plant then a dark cycle if you still don't see results.

Flip

This is a good read.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Some people go by the colour of pistils.

Others may view the trichomes of being 50/50 cloudy/clear as being optimal.

Its an individual choice, i prefer checking my trichomes with a pocket microscope 60x to 100x zoom with a cloudy ratio of 90% & 10% clear but that just fuzzys own taste requirements.

420inO, DUDE!!!

If you think it is close to harvest, then you should be taste testing the product. I do that with every harvest. I use a microscope to help me decide when to take samples, but it always the samples that tell me when to harvest.

In the morning, I take a small bud, that hopefully had full light. Trim it up, and put it in a little paper bag and sit it on top of my monitor. Usually by the next morning it is dry enough to test. It will be green and have a nasty harsh taste, but I already know that. I'm looking for how well it medicates, how strong, is it head or couch. My wife actually hates when it is harvest time, as in the morning I'm running around pushing her the bowl and asking how was that? Did it taste good, did you feel it, where did you feel it????????? :)

all you guys crack me up. I did a taste test on both and the way it sits.The two sativas I got nobody can have its that good. The Sensi Star it needs a lil more time. I got two nice buds in the dry box right now and I only got a lil sativa in the jar which sucks cause I want more but not sure if its ready I want the peek time and I just dont think its ready yet I will take a pic of the bud. Man its pretty good gots a nice smell and is sweet to the taste a joint is were its at. Im old school. Yeah pipes are nice and bongs takes to much lungs but a good paper and a bud and wa la you got a joint. Im going to go roll 1 right now and take a pic of the bud. Tell me what you guys think

When i test i take a small bud and put it on top of my lamp. Next day i smoke it and if i get the effect i want i take it down after a flush if not i check the trics on all the plants to see where their at. When cured i give some good buds to friends to tell me what they think. Told only to smoke when they are not stoned. Maybe i'll give them a questionaire...lol...

Flip

420inO, DUDE!!!

If you think it is close to harvest, then you should be taste testing the product. I do that with every harvest. I use a microscope to help me decide when to take samples, but it always the samples that tell me when to harvest.

In the morning, I take a small bud, that hopefully had full light. Trim it up, and put it in a little paper bag and sit it on top of my monitor. Usually by the next morning it is dry enough to test. It will be green and have a nasty harsh taste, but I already know that. I'm looking for how well it medicates, how strong, is it head or couch. My wife actually hates when it is harvest time, as in the morning I'm running around pushing her the bowl and asking how was that? Did it taste good, did you feel it, where did you feel it????????? :)

Lol that last part is hilarious...

"plants that decided to develop male flowers 8 weeks into flowering
Any ideas what causes this? Some plants just never ripen, grow beautiful buds all the way out, but fail to develop trichomes or resin. What can be done?

Well, I know for sure I would take that one, right there, fourth from the left, yah, nope down one, yah, that one, I would take that one right there, right now, quick dry it and smoke it. Yah, that's what I'd do. Let the rest rest on the vine. Cut the nutes, do I flush if you're so inclined. 50% amber and I like to take them. Any day the chemical composition can change. Any gain in volume may be offset by a different buzz. You never know. Or they might get fat and drip resin like in the pictures, you never know. Until you do.

Back
Top Bottom