Need help with flushing in soil

MacEFL

I have two Cinex in soil. The rest should explain my situation. I c/p'd this from my journal to get more exposure. Mods, please accept my apologies if this is not allowed.

OK Guys, I need a little help. I went out today and Looked at them with the loupe. I was amazed at the two Cinex. Both had nearly 100% cloudy trichomes with the very top bud of one having a few amber trichs. That's good, probably a week or so until they are ready to harvest. They were last fed Sunday I think with 1TBS ea per gallon of AN Micro, Grow and Bloom. That and some molasses. So I can give them a good flush in the AM. I would like to harvest at around 10 to 20 percent amber, I think. First grow so just guessing here. Any guesses on how long it will take to progress that far? I was surprised that there was that much cloudy as they were clear a few days ago. Should I get something like Clearex? I don't want to smoke nutes but I don't want them to get over ripe either. Any advice is appreciated. Plenty of pics in my journal linked in my sig line.

Hi MacEFL.

I can't speak to any variations that the Cinex strain might bring into the situation, but I also grow under a 600 watt light (I checked your journal) and it took around 10-14 days for my plants to go from slightly cloudy to about the same 20% amber you mention shooting for. Since your 100% cloudy (I assume this is what you meant since you refer later in your question to them being "clear" a few days ago) then I think your estimate of a week or so is probably pretty close to being correct. Maybe 10 days at the absolute most but I suspect a week or less.

Thanks TanR,

I am getting excited! If I flush them tomorrow will that be enough if they are ready before the soil is dry? Or should I get something like Clearex and flush on Saturday?

MacEFL,
I'm probably not the best resource for experience on flushing as I grow with all organic nutes and do not flush at all. My uneducated gut reaction to chemical flushing products is that they simply trade one set of chems for another though so I think I'd be more inclined to just flush with plain water.

Mmm... where does one begin !

Trichomes turning amber would suggest the THC content degrading into CBD or CBN which creates the more couch lock high...

In fact peak THC content is achieved near 90% to 100% cloudy trichomes this produces the more head high/cerebral/euphoric effect...

Trichomes in fact ripen whilst drying & curing also, so that it is a fine timing before harvesting for end effect :thumb:

But trying to achieve greater amber trichome development whilst flowering may induce false seed production by leaving plant to linger in flower than normal flowering time...

This really does defile the ultimate goal of sensimilla (with out seed) :thumb:

So if ya really looking for a good strain with body/couch lock effect it is best indeed to find one than induce a strain which is not suitable of characteristics desired !

Back to flushing a much debated principle...

Some research which boil down to the leaf being the main content of harshness in the smoke, so a good close trim of bud is always desirable when drying & curing... which is the key process to sweet/smooth tasting bud, being the drying 'n' curing process :green_heart:

So all in all no matter what style of growing flushing is an individual choice... most will choose 2 weeks of plain old water, this may induce stress on hydro grown plants over soil due to lack of nutrients..

In which case a gradual reduction of nutrients in hydro is the best option before chop to reduce stress...

In soil nutrients will be stored for X period of time slowly depleting before harvest...

In favour before chop. it is best leave plants in 24 to 48 hours total darkness before harvest ...

To flush or not to flush is the question & more individual choice... i don't think it makes much difference & if any in total curing time !

So what ya looking at is a slow air drying time of a couple weeks and curing process of 2 to 6 weeks on average for good bud :thumb:

i have healthy soil and cut nutes 1 month before harvest
it forces the plant to put all its energy into the colas
i like the plants to get to a lighter shade of green before harvest

Back
Top Bottom