How to flush in coco?

kisshell

Hey Guys,
So my first plant in coco is almost ready to Harvest. This is the 8th week of flowering. It's a bruce banner auto.
I saw really few amber but few trichome were still clear and not cloudy like 3 days ago I feel like I should start flushing.
Now the thing is I have never flushes in coco before.
How do I go about this?
Cal mag 5.8 ph water once a day ?

A flush means 3 times the volume of the container, so that’s 15 gallons water for 5 gallon container. It’s normally done in one watering session or same day. Yucca shidigera (prolly roached the spelling) supplements help remove chemical salts

In my opinion no need to adjust ph on the first 2 buckets, might want to follow up with regular feed since coco is devoid of nutrients

Do you think this is ready?

20220802_233408.jpg

20220802_233352.jpg

20220802_233350.jpg

20220802_233348.jpg

20220802_233332.jpg

20220802_233326.jpg

20220802_233318.jpg

20220802_233310.jpg

So just need to do it once and then don't water for 7 days?
Yes, works for me - if I do need to water again (ie if it hasn't finished yet) I just use plain water with a little H2O2 to give the roots a final oxygen boost and sterilize the soil
Lots of folks don't flush and feed up to chop - this is just my way

Yes, works for me - if I do need to water again (ie if it hasn't finished yet) I just use plain water with a little H2O2 to give the roots a final oxygen boost and sterilize the soil
Lots of folks don't flush and feed up to chop - this is just my way
I had a runt harvest before and it was kinda harsh.. So I that's why I am trying to flush.. But that was on soil and this is in coco.
I actually wanted to just chop of the top buds and let the lower buds grow but I will just flush and cut evrything

I had a runt harvest before and it was kinda harsh.. So I that's why I am trying to flush.. But that was on soil and this is in coco.
I actually wanted to just chop of the top buds and let the lower buds grow but I will just flush and cut evrything
A finishing/terpene agent can also help to make the smoke more smooth

Hey Guys,
So my first plant in coco is almost ready to Harvest. This is the 8th week of flowering. It's a bruce banner auto.
I saw really few amber but few trichome were still clear and not cloudy like 3 days ago I feel like I should start flushing.
Now the thing is I have never flushes in coco before.
How do I go about this?
Cal mag 5.8 ph water once a day ?

does your nute schedule call for a flush at this time ?

that would be the only reason to do one.

I had a runt harvest before and it was kinda harsh.. So I that's why I am trying to flush..

that has far more to do with the hang and cure than anything else.

you can do a staggered harvest if you want the lowers to continue a wk or so more.

does your nute schedule call for a flush at this time ?

that would be the only reason to do one.

that has far more to do with the hang and cure than anything else.

you can do a staggered harvest if you want the lowers to continue a wk or so more.
It doesn't say to flush in my nutes.. I just got a terpinator kinda thing called risen....
So I already cut half of the plant which were all hard and all cloudy and had no flush.. I left half of the plant that are still more green and kinda fluffy...I have started flush with water calmag and risen ...So ya I am not sure if flushing is needed in coco or not. I was thinking I would have to flush 2 weeks before harvest.. But I think I can now compare the two buds which was flushed not flushed
Also, I had cured few buds from a previous runt and 5 days now and it feels more smoother than before..So I guess the harsh part is just because of not curing...So 2 weeks min to cure right?

Here’s the thing, flush if you like but know you can flush some nutes out of grow media but you cant flush nutes out of a plant.

Flushing in this case is to clear the media for the final push, once the flush is complete there’s nothing in coco for a fluffy flower chick to eat - so most here suggest popping her right away with your regular cal-Mag plus bloom nutes, pk boosters, bud sweetners…. don’t hold back now - throw the kitchen sink at her so she can finish strong

although not recommended due to harshness you can smoke at any time, but yes the more cure time = less harshness, removes the hay taste etc. Try to not dip below 60 rh, all the info I’ve read says the process of converting sugars stops at rh 58….. once stopped they don’t restart - move on to jarring & burping or whatever process you are rolling with

@CelestialNurseries I love it and have said that often, how you gonna flush 73 acres of (insert your favorite veggie, orchard, vineyard crop here)???

Back
Top Bottom