New Buds On Old Buds?

My buds seem to ripen, and then; when they start getting mature; they grow new buds on top of the older ones. This makes it hard to tell when to flush and harvest.

How many days did the period of stretch last?

40 Days of Stretch
---- = -------------------------------------
60 Days after Stretch Until Harvest Date

So...

(Where X = Days after Stretch Until Harvest Date)
60 * Days of Stretch = 40 * X

In other words, multiply the number of days of stretch by 60 and divide that by 40 to get the number of days AFTER stretch. Then add your result to the number of days of stretch and that gives you the total length of flowering under constant 12/12. Then just count forward from the first day you cut the lights back and you'll know when to harvest.

EDIT: Won't work with plants that have any auto-flowering genes in them.

How many days did the period of stretch last?

40 Days of Stretch
---- = -------------------------------------
60 Days after Stretch Until Harvest Date

So...

(Where X = Days after Stretch Until Harvest Date)
60 * Days of Stretch = 40 * X

In other words, multiply the number of days of stretch by 60 and divide that by 40 to get the number of days AFTER stretch. Then add your result to the number of days of stretch and that gives you the total length of flowering under constant 12/12. Then just count forward from the first day you cut the lights back and you'll know when to harvest.

EDIT: Won't work with plants that have any auto-flowering genes in them.

Didn't read your harvest calculation 'till long after stretch. lol I will definitely use it next time.

it is called foxtailing
Seems like more than foxtailing, Irie. Like they are rebudding, not just on top, but all around.

Should work on all "normal" strains of sativa, indica, or mix of the two.

Can also be used if you know the total flowering time and want to know how many days they are going to stretch.

In the equation there should be enough spaces between the 40 and "Days" & the 60 & "Days" to separate the two sides but the helpful message editor seems to have gotten hungry and eaten them - I would go back and edit some null character in but I just noticed that I can not edit, site must have had a problem in the past caused by people going back days later and editing their posts or something(?).

Kind of defeated my purpose of using a fixed font lol. Oh well, it makes it look "mathy."

Back
Top Bottom