Light interuption during flower will increase yeilds?

stully

I read today in Ed Rosenthal's book Marijuana Grower's Handbook "Flower size can be increased by allowing the the plants to ripen fully, then placing them in a continuous light regimen for a few days. Flowering is triggered again and the plants produce new clusters of flowers." Apparently this will not work on all types of cannabis. I guess there are different varieties( RPD and APD) that trigger their flowering stage in different ways or under different types of light conditions. Now I am no Botonist and really have no knowledge of the science behind the whole process, I am just interested if anybody has tried anything similar to this method and if it was successful. I guess my main concern is the original buds, what could happen to them if they are fully ripened and then new buds are just starting, what happens when the originals are left on too long, or are you supposed to harvest the older clusters. Last question, can you harvest a plant, then throw it back on continuous light veg for awhile and take another harvest; if so, how many times could this be done?:peace:

Re: light interuption during flower will increase yeilds???

What light regimen does it state to use?

It is way too much to go into completely. He is basically going from 12/12 back to 24/0 for a few days. He goes into alot of stuff about the equator and time zones and sun patterns and the way the different strains react to light cycles, but for all intent purposes, he is talking about APD(absolut photo-determinate)plants basically that come from equatorial or sub-equtorial such as Columbia,S. Mexico, C. Africa and S. India. I am going to try to scan the passages it is very cool.

Back
Top Bottom