New (different) leaves on main colas

StonyGeoff

What does it mean when you see leaves appearing from the very top of your main colas, that don't look like jagged spear-head leaves like the rest of the plant, the new leaves look different. They are rounded along the sides, not jagged. They are absolutely covered in trics. And rather than a 3-5 blade leaf like the rest coming out of the buds, these appear in single random positions on the new growth at the top of the main buds.
What does this mean? Is she close to maturity?

Sorry for not having any photos handy this time, I hope my explaination is clear enough :)

Cheers
:peace:

this is fairly normal, keep an eye on tric color for finish times still no matter, it is the best way to determine finish.

Yeah sweet as WCT :) From the looks of your flowers in your journal, mine still have a bit of height and weight to put on before they'll be ready to pick. I have 4-5 "main" colas on my lady, all have slowed with how thick and dense the buds are, and they seem to be concentrating on vertical growth. Looking very similar to ones in your grow. I'll get some snaps up as soon as I can of the new growth. There are a few snaps from last week if you click on the link in my signature.

edit: A few of the lower & larger fan leaves are starting to lose a bit of colour. This is normal towards the end of flowering right? As the plant take nutrients from the fan leaves and puts them into bud growth?

:peace:

As the plant continues to flower, these emerging leaves will continue to grow.
Right now, they sound good and covered with trichomes, but as the flowering continues, they may indicate that the plant is entering the 'senescent' phase, where the plant attempts to grow back, but is really dying.
As you are growing under CF, your buds might not finish like the pics you see on the site of the plants flowered under HPS. So just watch the buds and if the new leaves start losing their triches and the leaves get longer and thinner, it's probably time to pick.

PS, you should start some seeds at the base of your pot so they will be ready for grow period when you pick soon.

Ya I just got my new 100x microscope in the mail today and checked my trics out :-D They all appear clear at this stage. I assume I'll still be able to tell when is a good time to pick by the colour of the trics? Regardless of whether or not I'm growing under CF or HPS, am I correct?

PS, I have some clones ready to pick up as soon as I'm done with this harvest ;-)

edit: I'll have some photos up in a few hours

True, Geoff...the trichomes will tell the story at completion, even under CFLs.

DSC003801.JPG

DSC003792.JPG

DSC003782.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

Back
Top Bottom