New girls-two weeks

Finnicki

I want to trans pot these two. Roots are reaching for the bottom of the clear cups I have them in. I just moved the light to
17” away from the tops, from 13”. Leaves are coming in, but they’re not growing vertically much. These are photoperiod Bubba Cookies. I have 1 gallon black pots I can go up to. I can also go right to the 7 gal bags as the final size. Should I leave them in the cups, remove the bottoms of cups and put them in soil? Or take plant and dirt out of cup and upsize that way? Is there a positive reason to leave them in their cups the rest of their days? Thanks
7B39FB4C-6EE7-4F00-B2B9-675F2F98FAFA.png

I am of the opinion that the fewer times you transplant the better. Figure it this way, no matter how careful you are, you're going to lose a few days growth each time you transplant, plus you run the risk of something catastrophic happening each time they're handled. I'd put them into their final bags.

Girls are only 3” tall but the leaf spread is 7”. Measured this morning. This grow time I have had the LED closer than before. I upped them into black 12” wide pots 2 days ago. Moved light to 18” away. Hope they go vertical soon.

Back
Top Bottom