New grow set up

AudioBassiks

hi so i have a few grows under my belt. time to step it up and move on to better gear, been growing with florescent and cfl. i got a few extra dollars and ready to invest,, i got a 12x12 room its empty, windows all blocked room is empty,, i would like to have a veg and flower room, would like to spend around 300 400 hundred, suggestions and links to see it.. thanks guys i know you can jhelp

Plastic and foam are cheap or Used Tents are easy to find. next is your lights and ventilation(if closed system CO2/temps and odor control, and humidity depending where you live. next soil/hydro/nutes.

you only need two rooms if your keeping mothers, clones, and males. if you just want bud one room is all you need. anyway you only need 150w (for veg if you use 400/600w for flower) unless you have large number of babies. I would go with 2 400w lights 6' fans cool this wattage well. "soil grow ventilation is a head scratchier" indoor growing is all about the perfect micro climate for maximum cannabis growth.

You are going backwards IMHO.

How much do you want to produce every 3 months ? That determines the size of your flowering room.
What style of grow do you plan on doing? (Hydro, soil, scrog, sog, etc... That determines how big your veg room needs to be.
How many mothers do you want to maintain ?
Do you want to do any seed breeding?

THEN when you know the above, you can talk about tent sizes and lighting requirements. Otherwise it is like buying a car without knowing what you will use it for. Taking 5 kids to school and soccer practice or working the farm require different answers.

thank you galt for putting into prescriptive. i would like to have 6 plants in veg and 6 in flower at all times. yield i am not to over concerned about, i like to produce things. the simple act of growing and maintaining a room...

i plan on using soil
2 mothers max,
will not be doing any breeding
will be starting from seed, and its pos i could be getting a clone from a buddy.

the room as a heat/ a/c de humidifier and humidifier in already. from previous grows. and the flowers produced where pretty nice had small yields but it worked and was great stuff..

i was looking a lights and there are so many options
i would like just to have 2 nice areas to grow for my medical needs

Well 6 plants in SOG could easily be done in about 2 sq ft and yield a couple of ounces. Take those same six in SCROG and you could use 30 square feet and produce 2 pounds. Different lighting and airflow requirements. Obviously 2 sq ft is a cheaper setup. Smaller lamp, smaller room, smaller everything.

Two mothers probably need their own light and space, but it depends on your overall plan.

Things get a lot simpler without a veg room. It lengthens your cycle a bit, but gives you flexibility. I could come up with three completely different configurations that would achieve three completely different end results, based on what you have said so far.

Back
Top Bottom