New grower, 1st plant little problem?

lil pot head

My plant is about three weeks old an inch tall with it's seed leaves 2 big curved leaves. and 2 sets of 3 little bud leaves, the stem and the smallest 4 leaves all are purple the entire plant is fuzzy. It is in african flowering plant soil and is under two florecents ( cool white & warm white) plus a flurcent 8 year spiral bulb, it is around 400 watts on a 24/7 light cycle. It is in a 6x6 planter, in a cage about 3 inches away from the lights with tin foil all around it, it has drainage and i water it with a full water bottle of arrowhead bottled water (un open) at room tepreture every 3 days, but mist the plant it's self about 3 times daily w/one mist each time (same water).
Now the problem is with the 2 big curved leaves, one is fine but the other is got little pieces of it diein (looks like it was burnt) same at the ends of both seed leaves but the rest of the plant seems very healthy.

Can anyone sujest anything...??? :hmmmm:

yeah some plants loose their cotyleiledens(sp) but if it starts getting worse and spreading to the rest of the leaves it may be nute burn. also if you are using foil use the dull side toward your plants to avoid hot spots but i wouldnt worry about that with floursents

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion... You mentioned that you're using foil as a reflector around the light. I have read that flat white paint is better. What I have done is wrapped white printer ppr around my plant. You might wanna give this a try.

I will also suggest that people read EVERYTHING at least twice. There are many other guides out there, but I felt the layout was simple and straight forward. The website is clean and easy to find your way around, improve your growing game.

how's the room temp. itself? If it's too cold leaves can die, or mites and bugs can mess with your leaves like that.

Back
Top Bottom