New grower - Brown leaves?

sidney420

Hi. :thumb:
Im am sidney 30 years and new to growing, and this forum. Not sure if this is the correct page tho.
Currently im 16 days away and started to see some brownish on the new leaves. im using light soil. its about 7 ph. and 24 degrees inside the grow room. Using a 250 watt cfl i did however light an extra ledgrowpanel yesterday for a while could this be it? i turned it off to be sure.
Its an autojack
Next week il buy a tent.
Since its my first grow i hope the more wise can see if my plant is healthy.
20161006_135011.jpg
DSC007109.JPG
Screenshot_2016-10-04-23-48-03-1.jpg
DSC0070010.JPG

The yellow im.sure from wet leaves even a little bit wet leave turns it yellow
Thanks for reading

thank you. for the quick post. the extra led panel wont hurt my plant?

It should be fine. You probably want to start it out about 30" away from the plant, if the manufacturer says farther away, start where they say. Move it closer a few inches every day, if you start to see heat or light stress, move it up a bit and keep it at that distance.

...and started to see some brownish on the new leaves. im using light soil. its about 7 ph.
Thanks for reading

Also, I'm not seeing any brown. That looks like a pretty healthy plant overall. But see in the last image how the one new leaf in the foreground is twisted to the side, almost like there's a drawstring in it? That is usually a pH issue, and I see you're around 7. For soil, you want to be right around 6.5

how could i lower the ph ? not using any nut yet. also when do i start to hang my lamp higher or just the same hight until the leaves almost touch?

how could i lower the ph ? not using any nut yet. also when do i start to hang my lamp higher or just the same hight until the leaves almost touch?

You can change the pH with "PH up" and "PH down", which is most common. You can also use common household products, such as baking soda for up and lemon juice for down.

Younger plants are more sensitive to light, so as the plants grow you can let them get a bit closer, but you'll need to move the lights up as the plants begin showing signs of getting too close to the light. If the leaves start to "taco", or "canoe", it means they're getting too much heat from the light. If you let that continue, they will eventually turn brown and die. Ideally you would keep the light just above where the plants show stress, that will be unique to each plant and light combo.

Hello Sidney. Welcome.

Overall healthy looking start. One thing I would add to Bud Good's comments is that using pH down or lemon juice won't lower the pH of soil noticeably. It will lower it gradually with each watering, and it will still help make nutrients more available to plant. I use 1 tsp to 1 tbsp vinegar when I feed plants in soil over 6.5 pH. Soil pH has only dropped about 0.2 over 2 months of watering. As long as your soil is not over 7.0 then watering with acid pH'ed water should be enough. That's assuming you don't have hard alkaline water.

Thanks again for the excelent help.
didnt have vinager so used lemon extract n water
I put some lemon juice with water and managed to put the ph at 6.5 how long it wil last no idea wil keep checking.
Also can i continue posting pics here of the growth?

in this pic i see the small leaves comming. but it doesnt grow so hard as the rest becouse of the leaves blocking the light abit. i can keep it this way?
DSC007207.JPG
DSC007199.JPG

Those small leaves are side branches forming. They will eventually grow out from under shade of larger leaves. When plant gets a little larger you can start bending and/or removing leaves to help lower shoot develop faster, but this early just let it grow. It's happy.

If you start a new journal in the grow journals section of forums you'll get a lot more views and responses than if you keep posting here. You'll find a lot of growers with similar styles and strains, and they'll find you.

Ah i heard about the bending leaves. for now il just leave it like this and move along to the journal forum.
Thanks bro

Back
Top Bottom