New Grower Help - Candy Cane

Mr289

This is my first grow ever, I'm growing Auto Flower Fem Candy Cane.
I'm not sure how far along I am in the grow but my plants seem to look fine except for one of them, its started to develop an odd pattern of spots, I've tried to google for help but thought maybe some experienced growers maybe able to help me out a bit quicker.

I water them about 1 cup a day. ever few days I give them a bit of water based plant food.
the soil is a mix of vegetable earth and peat-moss.
I have 9 6500k CFL daylight bulbs and another 4 bulbs that cover the growing spectrum of the plants also providing a bit of heat as I have a outdoor fresh air vent into the box and and 2 high power bathroom exhaust to vent the heat and air out of the box, temp stays about 24 to 25, also have humidity at 30RH
I move the plants around the box every few days to make sure they all get the same lighting and ventilation. I only have one plant that grew abnormal out of the 5 seeds I got.

24236514471_8c0f2b76cf_k.jpg

24236514481_f17e631266_k.jpg

I believe that yellow spotting results from Mn deficiency, often caused by too much Mg in the soil. Autoflowers are hyper-sensitive to nutrients and in my experience Candy Cane is especially sensitive. I had to use a very soft, organic 1-1-1 soil with minimal feedings to avoid damaging the leaves.

edit: looking back at your post, I would recommend #1 waiting until they are dry to water them, and then water until you get some runoff from the holes in the pot. Don't water again until the pots are dry. you can stick your finger down in the soil gently to test the moisture. #2 use plant food very very sparingly, like 1/4 of what it recommends tops, maybe even less. I would only use plant food like every 4th watering, seriously, these autos are sensitive. Your soil might be fine and its just the plant food thats causing it.

I believe that yellow spotting results from Mn deficiency, often caused by too much Mg in the soil. Autoflowers are hyper-sensitive to nutrients and in my experience Candy Cane is especially sensitive. I had to use a very soft, organic 1-1-1 soil with minimal feedings to avoid damaging the leaves.

edit: looking back at your post, I would recommend #1 waiting until they are dry to water them, and then water until you get some runoff from the holes in the pot. Don't water again until the pots are dry. you can stick your finger down in the soil gently to test the moisture. #2 use plant food very very sparingly, like 1/4 of what it recommends tops, maybe even less. I would only use plant food like every 4th watering, seriously, these autos are sensitive. Your soil might be fine and its just the plant food thats causing it.

I'll take that into consideration, I only water that much because the box seems to them to dry out quickly with the strong air flow in and out of the box. I will definitely cut back on the plant food.

I'll take that into consideration, I only water that much because the box seems to them to dry out quickly with the strong air flow in and out of the box. I will definitely cut back on the plant food.

It's possible that your setup drys the pots out very fast, that variable is a bit different for everyone. I'd still make sure to water until you have runoff because that will keep the Mg levels down as well by flushing mineral buildup out.

it looks like its a definecy of magnisum try give it a organic 0,0,0 product like alg-a-mic/acti-vera. Just out of curiosity what is your ph of water you're give and type of soil?

Back
Top Bottom