New grower here

thechemist

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to this so I'm feeling on edge talking to a group of people I've never talked to before but You guys seem friendly from what I've seen. I've smoked for a few years and recently decided to start growing to save money and so I could know what I'm smoking. I don't know what else to say, if you have any questions ask away. :)

Re: New grower here.

Welcome to 420magazine Chemist..So what are you growing? Sounds like you may have a few grows under your belt. Do you plan on starting a journal?

Re: New grower here.

Right now I'm germinating some seeds I got off a friend, I don't know what they are and realise it kinda goes against my reason for growing if I don't know what it is but I figured I'd try to get some experience before going for what I really want to grow. I've never grown before but I've spent countless hours reading into different methods, I'm going for a stealth grow using CFLs. And yes a journal is indeed on the agenda.

Hey chemist, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started!

:Namaste:

Thank you Vapedogg223 I wish I saw your reply before I started a thread, I am finding all the information here overwhelming, I thought I knew what I was doing, or rather what I thought I was doing but now I've found even more options that have just made me feel lost.

I am finding all the information here overwhelming, I thought I knew what I was doing, or rather what I thought I was doing but now I've found even more options that have just made me feel lost.

Don't feel overwhelmed, it is a lot of information and being a new grower you shouldn't try to absorb everything at once. But instead take steps on what you would like to grow or what type of environment you would like to grow in. Rome wasn't built in a day and as much as we would like our first grow to be perfect, it usually isn't. Don't get upset if you do make a mistake, just correct it the best way you can and keep it moving. And learn from it of course. Keep your head up and take your time, there is no need to try to rush to learn every thing.

Is there a chat room or something I can go to so I can discuss my ideas with members on this forum or something? I'm really nervous about completely failing my first attempt and would really like someone else's opinion on what I have in mind...
Edit: Looks like I won't be growing for a while... checked the seeds this morning, one has white fuzz all over it and the rest seem to have cracked and then done nothing :( better look for some better seeds.

Is there a chat room or something I can go to so I can discuss my ideas with members on this forum or something? I'm really nervous about completely failing my first attempt and would really like someone else's opinion on what I have in mind...

You can start a discussion in one of the threads, but no...there's no live chat. Sorry, I didn't intend to overwhelm you with information.

Have you browsed through the journals? If you can find a setup you really like, it will give you an opportunity the see how that setup performs, and also what potential pitfalls to watch out for! Most growers I know don't mind elaborating on details if you ask either... :thumb:

Actually I haven't had a look at many journals at all, I looked at FAQ but couldn't really find anything helpful, I know how to grow with the main thing holding me back being experience, I've worked with plants since I was a child but MJ growing seems to be a bit more complicated than plain old gardening, I'll have a look at the journals now. Thanks :)

Actually I haven't had a look at many journals at all, I looked at FAQ but couldn't really find anything helpful, I know how to grow with the main thing holding me back being experience, I've worked with plants since I was a child but MJ growing seems to be a bit more complicated than plain old gardening, I'll have a look at the journals now. Thanks :)

I personally think cannabis grows better when you treat it more like any other plant...sure there are things you have to understand about it, and in many ways it's truly unique and special...but at the end of the day it really is just a plant, and a tough one at that. Have you ever been to a big stadium parking lot a few weeks after a big concert? Chances are if you have been, and looked around you would have found cannabis seedlings growing in cracks in the parking lot! My point is these are very hardy plants, and like every living thing, they will fight to stay alive...they don't just die, we kill them!

The biggest challenge for me was learning the intricacies of growing indoors...circulating fresh air through the grow room and maintaining a proper growing environment is the area that trips up most new growers. Stealth and closet grown are even more of a challenge.

I'd be glad to try and answer questions you have...I suggested the journals because the best people to answer your questions are the people growing the same way you want to grow. I'm a soil grower, and have recently switched over to organic high Brix methods...so I focus much of my energy on learning about, and trying to perfect that method. If you started asking me about hydroponics though, I have some book knowledge about it, but on any really important questions, you'd be better served with someone that grows that way. So, that being said...what kind of info are you looking for?

:grinjoint:

I'm after information that will help me decide what and how to grow in a stealth setup perpetually, with my very limited space my favourite option has been to put a plant back into veg after harvesting but I've had trouble finding a solution that suits me best, I haven't seen many cases where people have put their plants back into veg after harvesting. Could we maybe chat about some options? I'm not after help growing although that would be good, I believe I have enough knowledge to keep a plant alive at least...

Have you looked in the section on how to grow marijuana? It just doesn't show you the basics of how to grow but the things you are asking about. I believe there is links in that section about choosing sativa or indica plants and I believe the grow room is the area where people discuss set ups and diy stuff. I haven't found anything about perpetual growing, I mean there are journals on it but I mean a link containing a break down of how to get started. Not saying there isn't one, just that I haven't found it yet but if you find one or info please share it here.

I'm after information that will help me decide what and how to grow in a stealth setup perpetually, with my very limited space my favourite option has been to put a plant back into veg after harvesting but I've had trouble finding a solution that suits me best, I haven't seen many cases where people have put their plants back into veg after harvesting. Could we maybe chat about some options? I'm not after help growing although that would be good, I believe I have enough knowledge to keep a plant alive at least...

Sure, I'll be glad to try and help any I can!

You could re-veg if you want, but it depends what you are after...you will be wasting a lot of time getting that plant to revert back to veg and then you'll have to veg it some more. What might work well is a bonsai mom or two. If you are not familiar with the technique take a look here: Bonsai Mothers. You can keep a mom almost any size, but the size used in that thread are about 8"x8", and I've been using the techniques myself. Then you'd be able to put the clones directly into 12/12 as soon as they are rooted, and keep them very small if you wanted.

You could build a grow cabinet to fit in your space and be able keep vegging plants in the same small space as flowering...I think the bonsai mom thread also shows his grow cabinet setup.

It might not be exactly what you'd be doing, but BassPlayer had fit a lot into a small space. just to give you an idea take a look here:

Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

There's lots of factors to take into account, like what kind of space are you talking about? Can you adequately ventilate the space? Are you looking to grow in soil or hydro? Did you take a look here: Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup to see if there was anything that could help with your situation?

There's enough great people around here, that I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers you're looking for!

Thanks for that link, Vape. I been looking for something on perpetual grows...Do you have any more?

BassPlayer had a follow-up journal when he built a new cabinet also. Here's a few perpetual grows I'm following now:

SOGgy Daze Ahead for Mr. Krip!
Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms
MSquared's - Indoor/Soil - Multi Strain - 1800w - Perpetual
Blue Planet Nutrients - 2 Liter Hempy SOG

I'm sure there's more I'm subscribed to...I just can't remember which ones. I wish there was a search feature for our subscribed threads! SteveHman's might also be perpetual.

I just searched for the word 'perpetual' in journals and got 549 results...it can be overwhelming!

Thanks everyone :) I'm already loving this place, I've decided I'll just do a single plant in soil in a pc case when I get some more seeds, mine died somehow without even sprouting, I'll try to get a few feminised seeds but not sure what yet so I'll have a look around, if my first grow is successful I'll clone it and start properly growing from there. Out of curiosity has anyone grown Amnesia Haze?

Thanks Vape, I'll check those out....Chemist, I know this place is great isn't it? And the people, just as friendly and helpful as ever, I love this place too. I have never grown the Haze but I think our forum member OMM might have one in his grow or maybe THSea. I am sure there are alot more but those are the two that came to mind. Maybe Vape will chime in here...

Not sure about the Amnesia Haze... Jon Smith has an Amnesia he's growing right now, but I haven't been following the journal, so I'm not sure if we're even talking about the same genetics.

I found this completed journal from a couple of years ago...might be worth checking out.

Amnesia Haze Flowering Journal, Super Hairy and Icy!

QTL's right though, there's going to be folks around here who've grown it...I just don't know who.

Back
Top Bottom