New Grower looking for setup advice

buren

Hi 420s! I just signed up today but I've been lurking here the past few weeks because I've decided to start growing! Anyways, I figured if I got most of my advice here I might as well ask all the way!

A little background about myself. I'm a medicinal user in SoCal and I need about an oz a month, so I figured growing my own would be cheaper. I've only grown lettuce above my kitchen sink, and the closest DIY experience I have is assembling a desktop, so you can call me a complete noob with all this. HOWEVER, with the help of all the amazing threads and posts here (among others :p), I think I finally got a "setup" in progress!

SUVfZ8U.jpg

First, this is my setup. I am using a 2-in-1 tent because I want to be able to keep a constant supply and hopefully I won't have to visit dispensaries anymore! Don't worry about the price, I just used amazon as a "shopping list". I'll look for better prices once the list is finalized. If you have any suggestions to the list, or changes you'd make I'd love to hear it!

I checked your image yesterday - I couldn't zoom in enough to read the list, at least on my screen. I appreciate the effort you took to make it. But whether or not it's legible -it's easier for people to answer specific questions or concerns than to try and anylyze your whole setup. Happy to help with specifics though if I can.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't even notice the picture! Anyways, since I've started the post I've made quite a lot of changes. If I get stuck or once I finalize it I'd love to get some opinions!

Without looking at the list, to get 1oz a month you need something perpetual (possibly). Some people take tents to the max for hella yields in small spaces but that takes practice. I cannot read the dimensions of the tent, particularly the flower side. My space is about 3x3 and I have 2 plants in 10gal pots. That fills out my spot. Now 1oz a month would mean you have to get 4oz per grow considering it takes 4 months start to finish. People doing hydro can get a grow up and done much faster than soil, but I prefer soil. Ultimately I am gunning for 4 separate rooms for 4 different stages of veg/flower. I want 2 rooms for early/late veg and 2 rooms for early/late flower.

With a tent like yours it's possible to have a harvest every 2 months. If you get 2oz per 2 month harvest you got it. I like the idea of faster harvests with less plants instead of waiting for a large grow to finish up, this is all my own opinion and I don't have a perpetual going yet but that's my end game.

Back
Top Bottom