New grower looking for tips!

BAM55448

Looking for information growing in gold label special light mix!
Has anyone had experience growing with this. I did last time the flowering plants. I am doing it again in air pot super roots they are coming along well. But I have been told I should feed less more often. I was feeding the flowering plants 500ml a day in 15 liter pots, I have 30 liter pots for this grow. (AK-420, HulkBerry, wedding cake) well it worked well last time with the White Widow seemed to grow well super simple. But with the air pot super roots pots it seems to be different, it dries out faster. I am a new grower looking for tips
Thanks for any help.

6C8124F9-7B1C-4D40-AA9E-FA9AD017B556.jpeg

DF30D0DB-4D0A-42CB-9434-10BAF6CBD46D.jpeg

7D4892D5-0D1C-4F60-B0FE-F440A9889296.jpeg

~Iv never used this soil but most bag soils are similar anyway, unless there getting soil from a different planet lol. If these are thew plants above your are curious about, i wouldn't be worried at all, them and the soil look perfect IMO.
what i do when water is leave a small diameter around the stem 1. to avoid root rot. 2. to encourage roots to strech out (espically when young)
keep it up tho and maby someone will have a input about this particular soil :high-five:
and if u have time look through some of these vids. maby this vid might not be a great help but im sure theres a good understanding of soil in a vid here somewhere
#Living soil

Looking for information growing in gold label special light mix!
Has anyone had experience growing with this. I did last time the flowering plants. I am doing it again in air pot super roots they are coming along well. But I have been told I should feed less more often. I was feeding the flowering plants 500ml a day in 15 liter pots, I have 30 liter pots for this grow. (AK-420, HulkBerry, wedding cake) well it worked well last time with the White Widow seemed to grow well super simple. But with the air pot super roots pots it seems to be different, it dries out faster. I am a new grower looking for tips
Thanks for any help.

6C8124F9-7B1C-4D40-AA9E-FA9AD017B556.jpeg

DF30D0DB-4D0A-42CB-9434-10BAF6CBD46D.jpeg

7D4892D5-0D1C-4F60-B0FE-F440A9889296.jpeg
Beautiful girls my friend. I'm in coco so no help there sorry. Lots of soil growers here though. I'm sure someone will drop in soon.

You appear to be a proficient grower-hope to be there eventually, Those are beautiful girls, very well done. Helps to have lots of elbow room. Curious about the air pots.. Kudos!
Sorry, but I don’t know chit about the soil, except I got tiny aphids in another brand once and it was a bear to fight them.

You appear to be a proficient grower-hope to be there eventually, Those are beautiful girls, very well done. Helps to have lots of elbow room. Curious about the air pots.. Kudos!
Sorry, but I don’t know chit about the soil, except I got tiny aphids in another brand once and it was a bear to fight them.
I grow in air pots love them , they are in my thread if you want to see its like dwc, in a pot.

Thank you looks can be deceiving, I am trying to learn on the fly.
The White Widow’s are small the girls I got going now will fill the tent. I am looking forward to the HulkBerry.

So I was told I am entering the realm of a hydro grow because this is not soil as it is peat and coco. Is it just that the substrate is just coco and peat and it has no earth in it that breaks down? I don’t really get it.
Coco and peat have no nutrients, just what you give them. Should be ph'd to 5.8.
Soil contains nutrients and also buffers your mixture. Can be fed and watered in between feedings

Your plants look like they are doing very well so try to keep doing the same thing. Hopefully you are taking a few notes just in case something changes and you have to refer back in order to get on track again.

So I was told I am entering the realm of a hydro grow because this is not soil as it is peat and coco. Is it just that the substrate is just coco and peat and it has no earth in it that breaks down? I don’t really get it.
Basically yes. What you are calling earth is what many of us would call a natural soil, a mineral base soil, or a carbon based soil among several other terms. Sometimes it seems like the people that write what is on the front and back of these bags of growing mixes deliberately try to avoid helping new gardeners.

What I noticed is the "Soilless substrate for horticulture" on the front and then the list of ingredients on the back. No mention of anything added that could be considered earth or natural soil. The closest is something called 'Swedish clay'. There is a recommendation to 'flush' the mix periodically to reduce salt build-up. Then there is the part about not waiting till a problem starts and instead give fertilizers or nutrients from the start.

Looking through a google search on Gold Label Substrates Nutrients shows links discussing the hydroponic side of the mix and less than 5% of the links discussing the products as a natural soil containing compost and other organic materials.

Your plants look like they are doing very well so try to keep doing the same thing. Hopefully you are taking a few notes just in case something changes and you have to refer back in order to get on track again.

Basically yes. What you are calling earth is what many of us would call a natural soil, a mineral base soil, or a carbon based soil among several other terms. Sometimes it seems like the people that write what is on the front and back of these bags of growing mixes deliberately try to avoid helping new gardeners.

What I noticed is the "Soilless substrate for horticulture" on the front and then the list of ingredients on the back. No mention of anything added that could be considered earth or natural soil. The closest is something called 'Swedish clay'. There is a recommendation to 'flush' the mix periodically to reduce salt build-up. Then there is the part about not waiting till a problem starts and instead give fertilizers or nutrients from the start.

Looking through a google search on Gold Label Substrates Nutrients shows links discussing the hydroponic side of the mix and less than 5% of the links discussing the products as a natural soil containing compost and other organic materials.
Thank you for your reply, I just don't know enough about soil to Google effectively. I might end up finding out I have a brain tumor.:rolleyes: Would you add Carbon Based soil to it? Or some sort of fertilizer additive? The beautiful ladies you see here are harvested and excellent. I started them in a generic soil got a 3 Liter pot sized root ball and then added the "Gold Label" to fill the 15L pots. This time I will have 30L pots.
Suggestions? and thank you again.

Would you add Carbon Based soil to it?
I would but doing that sort of thing is something I have been doing for years. I already have the finished compost and worm castings stored in a corner of the yard. Mixing up a nice soil mix using the Gold Label substrate you have and my compost would be something I would try.

Google, or any search engine, is not that hard to use. Just have to get familiar with using the right search words. Example is doing the first search using just super soil and after reading some of the new links do the next search for Coots supersoil and then try Subcools super soil. Just about every search will show links that point back to the 420magazine.com message board but each of those searches give you a better idea of the entire soil discussion. No brain cancer surgery or medications needed;).

What you did worked for you the first time and gave you a successful harvest. Why not try again with a new batch of the same product. This next time you will have a better idea of what is in the mix and what is not after several searches.

I would but doing that sort of thing is something I have been doing for years. I already have the finished compost and worm castings stored in a corner of the yard. Mixing up a nice soil mix using the Gold Label substrate you have and my compost would be something I would try.

Google, or any search engine, is not that hard to use. Just have to get familiar with using the right search words. Example is doing the first search using just super soil and after reading some of the new links do the next search for Coots supersoil and then try Subcools super soil. Just about every search will show links that point back to the 420magazine.com message board but each of those searches give you a better idea of the entire soil discussion. No brain cancer surgery or medications needed;).

What you did worked for you the first time and gave you a successful harvest. Why not try again with a new batch of the same product. This next time you will have a better idea of what is in the mix and what is not after several searches.
That is what I need is a start to research, I will look up what you said (Coots super soil , super soil, Subcools super soil) then I will have a knowledge base to build on.
The reason why I don't do it the way I did it last time is because 1 I started already and started the seeds in the Gold Select. 2nd I had a bug issue last time from the generic soil, that is why I wanted to get a "Better Product" and this is what the noob bought. I will make it work thanks for the research tips.

Back
Top Bottom