New Grower Needs Help Please

jaxom101

I'm at Week 4 of 12/12. Im not sure if I should be trimming the Plant up like the Shade Leaves on the Bud or undergrowth. Or just leaving it alone

PlantWeek4.jpg

BudWeek4.jpg

Re: New Grower Needs Help Plz

there are people on both sides of that fence
i am no expert but looks like you have good lights and pretty good penetration
if it were me i would pull the tallest towers to the side and tie them off
for instance in that last pic just pull it about 6 to 12 inches going by tension
just don't force it and it should handle it easily then fasten it to hold in place
some pros also use training by grabbing the main stem and pinching it to weaken the fiber
then it is pulled over this is high stress though and i personally do not use it
anyway you should be getting the picture,these allow growth training and better light penetration
thus good for final outcome
all that said you have some healthy looking plants and will do nicely even if you let it continue as it has
decisions decisions
i think it looks really nice for four weeks :goodjob:

hope that helps a bit til an elder might look into it
take care and good luck

yea some light lst would work and maybe a light defoliation a leaf here and a leaf there but not a lot
one or two that's really blocking the light from something you cant get out of the way even with the light lst

just seen your new post so forget the last question.i would just take fan leaves that are blocking bud sites of, ive done it plenty of times but a lot of people dissagre, so its totally up to you

I keep the Light 18" from the top of the Main Plants. They were started from seeds. One was a Indica Stavia cross. Out of the 3 seeds one is 22" and awesome, one is 30" and decent but the last one has went past 40" now. I just have it shoved behind the light and the Tops don't get any light. I want to see how it Smokes and got a Friend that wants clones for outdoors later. The Other two and the one I showed is suppose to be White Widow and they are 22".

Defoliation is commonly done in flower at days 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and again at day 45 if needed. When I defoliate I remove the lower growth that will not produce anything except popdcorn buds, lower fan leaves and any fan leaf that shades a bud site. I notice you have some leaf damage due to a deficiency or a nutrient lockout as well, has that issue been corrected?

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Defoliation is commonly done in flower at days 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and again at day 45 if needed. When I defoliate I remove the lower growth that will not produce anything except popdcorn buds, lower fan leaves and any fan leaf that shades a bud site. I notice you have some leaf damage due to a deficiency or a nutrient lockout as well, has that issue been corrected?

Great Info and good eye on the deficiency. I don't think it was a PH Problem as much as I had never did a flush. That happened early on and after a good flush and double checked my PH it cleared up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom