New grower lost - Please help

Absurd97

Hi,
I am a new grower on my first grow ever currently 7 weeks from sprout of unknowns under a 400 hid one plant seems great the other one is getting better since i split the stem i am urging to begin flowering but im not sure of the procces to go into flowering should i trim all the branches? Or take.off all fan leaves im really confused if anyonr can help also both my.plants are mainlined well only having the two main lines i kind of got.lost so each plantshas about 4 branches in each mainline.i hope i made sense may your harvest bw fruitful :Namaste:

Hi,
I am a new grower on my first grow ever currently 7 weeks from sprout of unknowns under a 400 hid one plant seems great the other one is getting better since i split the stem i am urging to begin flowering but im not sure of the procces to go into flowering should i trim all the branches? Or take.off all fan leaves im really confused if anyonr can help also both my.plants are mainlined well only having the two main lines i kind of got.lost so each plantshas about 4 branches in each mainline.i hope i made sense may your harvest bw fruitful :Namaste:

Post some pictures and and let's see what we can do But from the sounds of it. You should "lollipop" the "under skirt" of your plants but do this about 3 weeks into flowering. (Youtube has video's of "Lollipopping" watch one and use that knowledge and apply it to your plants.. You still have time... Only pull off fan leaves that are blocking other leaves from the light.Post some pics meng and let's see what ya have hiding away back there ;)

20160115_155527.jpg
20160115_155243.jpg
20160105_173752.jpg
20160115_155519.jpg
20160115_155143.jpg
20160115_155316.jpg
Thanks man i just started looking into lollipopping im not sure i want to start flowering i feel they might be sativa and i only have 5'7 all together i might have to buy the extendrd poles for my tent. Anyways here are the pics im a total noob still so any sort of advice will help me

My first grow was sativas, and, by tying down (LST) branches, I kept them around 30" tall and about 30" in diameter. This should give you enough head room for your lights, regardless of type of light system you use.

And yes, you have sativas! They do take about a month longer than Indicas under flower to mature, but it's worth the wait.

Thanks. What do you reccomend i use to tie them down i use pipe cleaners for the mainlining but they cut into the plant. And should i begin flowerig anytime soon? And what should i do about all the leafs? Should i lollipopp them? Before i begin the flowering or should i just begin the flowering and and lollipop two weeks.into flowering? Sorry About the questions thanks.for.the help

Thanks. What do you reccomend i use to tie them down i use pipe cleaners for the mainlining but they cut into the plant. And should i begin flowerig anytime soon? And what should i do about all the leafs? Should i lollipopp them? Before i begin the flowering or should i just begin the flowering and and lollipop two weeks.into flowering? Sorry About the questions thanks.for.the help

Sorry about that. I use 2 inch square metal "fencing" and wrap it around my pot's / buckets. Then I use the "fuzzy wire" (from the dollar store) and tie them down on my fencing. Works like a charm and keeps things neat. You do not keep the "ties" on for long, just enough to get the desired shape. The leafs are fine at the moment. Like I suggested before if you want take off some of the big fan leafs that are blocking other leafs from getting light, then go ahead. But once you LST you'll open up your plant more. So there will be little need to take some leafs off. Unless of course its still thick and light isn't penetrating all areas of the plant. Save the 'lollipopping' for the third week of flowering. It's the best time in the plants cycle to do this. You should also "supercrop" a week before you hit em with 12/12. I find this way has the best results... & no worries. This is what we are here for, to help our community succeed.. ;) :Namaste:

PS: Very healthy plants thus far!

:Thanks man great advice! One last question when do you suggest i start the flowering im only.about 7 weeks from sprout. Thank you that split stem gaveme some problems tho

We might add IF you supercrop. Many growers don't supercrop, as it stalls out the maturation process while the plant recovers. It would be done as a last resort if you run out of room, and you can always clone what you cut off.

:Thanks man great advice! One last question when do you suggest i start the flowering im only.about 7 weeks from sprout. Thank you that split stem gaveme some problems tho

I think most of us have split a stem. These plants have an amazing ability to adapt to most any conditions and accidents!

I would personally do it whenever you see fit, it's all about the size, after the plant is fully matured and you can recognize the sex early during the veg.( A plant generally will start showing signs of early "flowers/sex" around the 4th-5th week of veg.) Really that's when she's ready to be flipped. But it comes down to how big you want the plant or if you have space restrictions. Whenever you split (which we all do from time to time) just tape it back up and it will heal right up in a jiffy. I'm suggesting supercropping because it yields much much more. And on your first grow that's what everyone wants right? To say they're first plant was "sexy" and bushy. You need to show her you love her. Not worry about time ;)

Back
Top Bottom