New Grower Please Help

camaron420

420 Member
This is my 3rd time growing, first year did the plants outside. never added nutrients or anything until the last few weeks of flowering, then added flowering nutes. got approx 4 oz off it.

2nd grow, bought an indoor 6x6 greenhouse that had 6 plants in it. 3 of them only grew to about 2 ft tall and maybe 2 wide, the other 3 grew probably 4-5 ft high and almost 3 wide. Initially had several (4) small 19w led full spectrum lights they did okay for about the first two weeks of veg. I then realized this was not going to suffice. I then bought a 1000 watt led full spectrum grow light (will add link to the exact light at bottom). Set this up and they took to the light well. This batch I began giving nutrients too 2nd week into flowering. They were still doing great. then they got quite big and the buds were coming in strong. Then they just stopped growing. Buds stopped getting bigger, plants stopped growing and gradually started to die. Looked like nutrient deficiencies of all kinds, tried adjusting the nutes (higher and lower doses) nothing worked at all. Tried to stop giving them nutes all together, nothing got better. Flushed them. Still nothing. Eventually i noticed he buds were starting to get LESS dense as time went by so i decided to cut them down. Needless to say harvest was garbage. Made oil out of it all and the oil doesnt even do anything. Needless to say after a 3.5 month grow with nothing to harvest at the end was quite disappointing. Got nothing off this harvest. :(

Now that the history is covered this is my third grow. Now I have a Vivosun 4 x 4 grow tent, my 1000 watt LED, a carbon filter setup, adjustable light harnesses, and 2 clip on vent fans. Realistically my setup compares to most peoples online now, except that I am using an LED light. Now is where my problem lies. I also purchased coco coir, perlite and a good soil this time. I have about a 50/50 mix of soil and coco, and then i added 30% perlite to that 50/50 mix. So now its like 40/40/20 (soil/coco/perlite). I started two seedlings in the window, they grew tall flopped over and looked like someone pinched the stem and they never recovered no matter how much I propped them up. Next 2 seedlings stayed upright, moved them to the grow tent in the basement and those two ended up falling over in that light and could not recoup. I propped them up too before they fell over and they just never got thicker. I realize this is from not getting enough light, the plants stretch up to the sun to get more light. This is why I purchased the 1000 watt LED. Anyways I now ave 4 more seedlings started, 2 in the window are growing tall and skinny like they always do and theyre most likely going to break. The other 2 after the seedlings were about 1.5 inches high I wanted to get them into my grow tent as fast as possible, thought maybe the switch between real sunlight and LED light may have affected them. The two in the grow tent have stopped growing tall. Do not seem to be getting fatter, they just seem to have stopped growing. Everywhere I read is saying different shit. Put them far away, slam them right close, go by the manufacturer. I tried having them very far away, gave it a few days, they didnt grow at all. Slammed the lights right up to the plants (still probably 8 inches away) and then the next day the outside of the only two leaves started to look like they were getting crispy so I immediately moved the light back up. I then tried the manufacturers suggested height of 24" for a 4 x 4 space and they seem to still be getting too much light. Now I am reading that changing the light around can affect them. I am just so lost with this shit now and am getting super frustrated. I realize it is a complicated thing to do but I feel I have a lot of good things covered already.

Soil/Coco/Perlite mix - Yes
Reflective Grow tent - Yes
Carbon filter for exhaust - Yes
Good air flow - yes (two "windows" at bottom of tent and carbon filter as exhaust means good circulation and two fans in there also)
Temperature has not gone below 68, I realize this may be a bit low but last year they were at the same temperature and I did not have a problem until the last few weeks of flowering.
Indoors so no pests.
No Mold.
Last time I didn't give nutrients right away, this time when I put the seedling into the pots I watered them with nutrient enriched water.
I have 4 different nutrients. 3 of them are for the flowering stage and the other one is veg. The veg one has the ideal NPK ratio (forget exactly but can check), and the flowering nutes were purchased from a hydroponic store and much time was spent conversing with the guy.

Any guidance would be amazing. I am getting so fed up and just want to tear the whole thing down.

LED Grow Light - LED Grow Light 1000W Full Spectrum Indoor Grow Lights for Medicinal Plants Veg&Flower in Greenhouse Tent Plant (1000W) : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I have seen no mention of checking PH my friend. My guess would be that has caused the deficiency problems you saw. And the stretching i would put down to insufficient light. Start your girls off indoors and they will thank you for it. I even start outdoor girls indoors under 24h light.

I have seen no mention of checking PH my friend. My guess would be that has caused the deficiency problems you saw. And the stretching i would put down to insufficient light. Start your girls off indoors and they will thank you for it. I even start outdoor girls indoors under 24h light.

The ph is fine. Forgot to mention sorry. Its at around 6.5 right now. Used PH strips so hard to tell exactly.
Stretching I know is from the lack of light that is why I got the 1000w LED so that it would be sufficient and I can start growing bushy plants rather than tall skinny ones.

My girls are all indoors. I just germinate them, put them in small pots like 6 inch about, then put them near the window inside until they sprout. I then brought them downstairs after hey had grown about an inch and established their first two leaves. Since I moved them downstairs they have done nothing except seem to get worse. They have been getting 24 hrs light also

where did you get the seeds from, and what are they?
when I start out seeds that have germinated, I put them in something that I can add more medium to
as they break the ground they tend to stretch , so that before they can fall over, add more medium to support the stalk
that way they won't fall over.
that light only pulls 120 watts from the wall fyi

where did you get the seeds from, and what are they?
when I start out seeds that have germinated, I put them in something that I can add more medium to
as they break the ground they tend to stretch , so that before they can fall over, add more medium to support the stalk
that way they won't fall over.
that light only pulls 120 watts from the wall fyi
I got the seeds from cropkingseeds. And they are a white widow and a white widow autoflower. I also have a jack herer af and purple kush (normal) upstairs in the window. My pos are only like 2/3 full so that i can add more medium. I just dont understand why mine are always so tall and skinny and everyone elses is short and bushy. I want that bush lol.

This is where i need help is the light. Im not so good with this type of stuff. I figured if i bought a 1000 watt i wouldnt need to worry but im quickly finding out that I was wrong. Does that light not provide enough light? If its not enough light then how can it burn the plants when too close? (I feel them looking crispy from having the light close is a burn). Should I find a new light?

Im going to post pics of the 4 plants soon showing the differences

Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pics they were all planted at the same time the upstairs ones about double now
20181123_125550.jpg
20181123_125538.jpg
20181123_125544.jpg
20181123_125625.jpg
20181123_125631.jpg
20181123_125638.jpg
20181123_125645.jpg
20181123_125654.jpg
20181123_125701.jpg
20181123_125735.jpg

Big and small - purple kush and jack herer af.
two smalls - both white widow one autflowering.

even with the light you have, your plant should do just fine at this stage in it's life
why it's not growing, not sure
sounds like you have all the basics covered
I'm sure others might be more helpful
as far as replacing your light, I'm showing its only 120 bucks
I'm a fan of qb's or samsung mid power diodes, but it;s quite a bit more than what you paid

yeah... I don't think it's getting the light it needs to flourish
This is the furthest ive had the light from the plants.... so is my light just shit? Like having it closer seemed to burn them so i figured it had enough output.. just stuck any help is appreciated

I then tried the manufacturers suggested height of 24" for a 4 x 4 space and they seem to still be getting too much light. Now I am reading that changing the light around can affect them. I am just so lost with this shit now and am getting super frustrated. I realize it is a complicated thing to do but I feel I have a lot of good things covered already.
Hey camaron420! Where did you learn how to grow? Or are you just winging it as you go along, figuring its "just a weed" and should grow in anything, anywhere? Almost stopped reading your misery several times for fear of reading all your failure would be bad luck! Then I read all zee help you're getting from all zee good souls here and they're all hitting on important points. But if you don't know what you're doing in zee first place, none of their wisdom is gonna help you. And just by zee way you've started your seeds off every time tells me you haven't got a clue. But never surrender! Don't give up cause I'm here to help you grow zee awesome plants of your wildest dreams! I believe in you cause you're trying lots of smart things. Its just that its all after zee fact of you starting out on zee wrong foot. (Or root!)

I don't know what you're reading to say, "everyone is all saying different things." I'm afraid you're going to tell me to fuck off for being blunt and you being frustrated but if you learn zee SIMPLE growing FUNDAMENTALS FIRST you'll be OK! So that's what I recommend as your first step. I'm an old school grower and learned how to grow by zee old school dudes like Jorges Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal and zee awesome MJ magazines like High Times and Cannabis Culture of the past. Now I have my own 5000 plant year round grow in zee BC mountains

Scrap your "soil" and start over while you read these guys' books from cover to cover. Learn zee fundamentals first while you take a complete break from growing for a few months. Take all your frustrations out on some great sex with whoever, and as you learn and keep reading and learning zee fundamentals, you'll forget all your bad ideas and start replacing them with zee simple fundamentals and you can't "grow wrong"!

For example, why are you starting seeds in zee window when you have a great light and a great grow tent? You should be able to adjust that big ass 1000watt light you got just for your seedlings. And you didn't mention how you start your seeds. If you're just planting them in your "soil" concocktion no wonder they start off growing weak. So learn how to sprout your seeds first. Learn how to plant them properly in a good growing medium. And find a good seed bank like Crop King with a good guarantee on their seeds. You can use the wet paper towel method or Crop King's own instructions or whoever seed bank's seed sprouting instructions you want.

So that's it before I go. I don't want to waste time on you now if you don't want my help in zee first place. But if you do, I will help you! Just say zee word and agree to take a break and start over by learning zee fundamentals while I get you started on zee right root!

And for an excellent kick start start for growing zee amazing marijuana you want, get on YouTube and type in zee search bar, "The first four inches is all you need" Its by a guy named Neil with a hot girlfriend who's in a lot of his videos on his awesome YouTube channel, "Grow Weed Cheaply". If you want my help watch that video, "The first four inches is all you need!" tell me what you think and I will respond. It'll blow your mind!

Hey camaron420! Where did you learn how to grow? Or are you just winging it as you go along, figuring its "just a weed" and should grow in anything, anywhere? Almost stopped reading your misery several times for fear of reading all your failure would be bad luck! Then I read all zee help you're getting from all zee good souls here and they're all hitting on important points. But if you don't know what you're doing in zee first place, none of their wisdom is gonna help you. And just by zee way you've started your seeds off every time tells me you haven't got a clue. But never surrender! Don't give up cause I'm here to help you grow zee awesome plants of your wildest dreams! I believe in you cause you're trying lots of smart things. Its just that its all after zee fact of you starting out on zee wrong foot. (Or root!)

I don't know what you're reading to say, "everyone is all saying different things." I'm afraid you're going to tell me to fuck off for being blunt and you being frustrated but if you learn zee SIMPLE growing FUNDAMENTALS FIRST you'll be OK! So that's what I recommend as your first step. I'm an old school grower and learned how to grow by zee old school dudes like Jorges Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal and zee awesome MJ magazines like High Times and Cannabis Culture of the past. Now I have my own 5000 plant year round grow in zee BC mountains

Scrap your "soil" and start over while you read these guys' books from cover to cover. Learn zee fundamentals first while you take a complete break from growing for a few months. Take all your frustrations out on some great sex with whoever, and as you learn and keep reading and learning zee fundamentals, you'll forget all your bad ideas and start replacing them with zee simple fundamentals and you can't "grow wrong"!

For example, why are you starting seeds in zee window when you have a great light and a great grow tent? You should be able to adjust that big ass 1000watt light you got just for your seedlings. And you didn't mention how you start your seeds. If you're just planting them in your "soil" concocktion no wonder they start off growing weak. So learn how to sprout your seeds first. Learn how to plant them properly in a good growing medium. And find a good seed bank like Crop King with a good guarantee on their seeds. You can use the wet paper towel method or Crop King's own instructions or whoever seed bank's seed sprouting instructions you want.

So that's it before I go. I don't want to waste time on you now if you don't want my help in zee first place. But if you do, I will help you! Just say zee word and agree to take a break and start over by learning zee fundamentals while I get you started on zee right root!

And for an excellent kick start start for growing zee amazing marijuana you want, get on YouTube and type in zee search bar, "The first four inches is all you need" Its by a guy named Neil with a hot girlfriend who's in a lot of his videos on his awesome YouTube channel, "Grow Weed Cheaply". If you want my help watch that video, "The first four inches is all you need!" tell me what you think and I will respond. It'll blow your mind!
Not going to lie I have been winging it but I have done a lot of reading also. I do get my seeds from Crop king and use the paper towel method. I fucked up before and overwatered them on the last batch (they recouped) but that is why i did more research and found that coco coir was a good thing to use to help minimize that risk. Also perlite. They sprout fine and are healthy they just always are tall and spindly. When I put then straight into the tent they sprout and then stop growing about half an inch above the soil... so thats why I thought they needed to be bigger before I threw the light at them. My nutrients, watering schedule, and everything else has all been thoroughly researched Im just having a very difficult time with the lighting. If i were to grow them the same way with sunlight I feel they would prosper because they are doing great in the window now. The readings on lumens and lux are confusing i wont lie. Ive followed the manufacturers instructions so if someone uses this same model of light maybe they can provide me some feedback? I feel like I may be using the light the wrong way or my light i bought is not good enough

I will definately be watching the first four inches video btw

Update: I got my light tested today and it does not put out nearly as much as advertised. Less than 100 watts. I will be purchasing a new light then will update again. Thanks for the help guys.

thankyou got my sunday syllabus - off to find four inches

i watched that and a couple more rooting videos- Do you prep that rockwool or the Coco in those seedling pots? Mykos? anything? i hear the importance of the air and how these pots create aerated roots but i didn’t hear any root specific nutes to use in the first week of seedling -

i watched that and a couple more rooting videos- Do you prep that rockwool or the Coco in those seedling pots? Mykos? anything? i hear the importance of the air and how these pots create aerated roots but i didn’t hear any root specific nutes to use in the first week of seedling -
Dude! Watch it again. You're not listening closely enough. And I'll tell you right here: YOU SPROUT YOUR SEED IN PURE WATER. AFTER IT SPROUTS AND ZEE BABY TAP ROOT IS 1/8 - 1/4 OF AN INCH, PLANT IT ROOT DOWN LIKE NEIL SHOWED YOU IN ZEE 4" ROCKWOOL CUBE. KEEP ZEE CUBE MOIST. AND THEN ONLY WATER IT AFTER ZEE BABY TWO LEAVES APPEAR. NO NUTES FOR ZEE FIRST 3 WEEKS UNTIL ITS GOT ITS FIRST 3 SETS OF LEAVES. That's why Cameron was burning his babies, he was watering his babies with a nute solution right off zee bat and YOU DON'T DO THAT!

Back
Top Bottom