New grower setup what you think

nash420

hey every one i am a new grower. i have messed around with growing a few times but now am getting into it for real.

The set up:
A closet about 4'X4'X5.6'
space blankets for refelctive material
400watt HPS light
fox farm ocean forest soil
fox farm nutes (grow big,tiger bloom,and big bloom)
seeds not sure what they are from a good bag of cannibas
using distilled watter with a PH tester.
i bought a co2 cartrige buster for spraying the plants some
and some carbinated water for mistting on the plants.

any suggestions would be great, i do have one question for anyone i am not sure about how close to put the light to the plant should it be far away then moved closer when they get bigger or should it remain the same distance away. thanks everyone for viewin this and i will post pics when i get every thing set up and seeds have sprouted.

before i answer the light space question, i need to know about your ventilation, is your light a cooltube/vented? Is there climate control in the room?

also, flat white wall paint is considered by some to be the best reflective material, and its a lot easier to hang. IMO

it is a cootube and the only ventilation i have is a fan blowing in the room no real ventilation. i can cut the door or any holes in the walls. also i was going to use space blankets just cause i have alot of them for free and the walls are white but not flat. so could you tell me about how high above the plants should the light hang.

Ventilation is the most important thing when starting a new room.when you create the perfect enviroment;you give the plant the best chance to thrive.their are a lot of step by step informastion everywhere.some of the best information that i ever got was to just do it.the mistake that you make{and you will make mistakes}are the best teacher in the world.

A lot of people space there plants from light differently, what ive done in the past that has worked so/so is turn your lights on, wait for about 1-2 hours, then place your hand under the light, keep moving down until your hand is in a warm, but comfortable temp. hang a piece of chain down to where its right under your hand. (palm facing downward on the highest point) Then just use that chain to make sure the plant doesn't outgrow the chain.

this is what i do, doesn't mean that its the right way. like butcher9247 said, don't be afraid to make mistakes, the best teacher is your self.

hey every one i am a new grower. i have messed around with growing a few times but now am getting into it for real.

The set up:
A closet about 4'X4'X5.6'
space blankets for refelctive material
400watt HPS light
fox farm ocean forest soil
fox farm nutes (grow big,tiger bloom,and big bloom)
seeds not sure what they are from a good bag of cannibas
using distilled watter with a PH tester.
i bought a co2 cartrige buster for spraying the plants some
and some carbinated water for mistting on the plants.

any suggestions would be great, i do have one question for anyone i am not sure about how close to put the light to the plant should it be far away then moved closer when they get bigger or should it remain the same distance away. thanks everyone for viewin this and i will post pics when i get every thing set up and seeds have sprouted.

I HAVE THE SAME SET UP NOW CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL........................:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom