New grower; someone please Help!

Stephx23

Ok so this is my first grow and in growing in a botanicare readygro moisture. I got a plant from my brother in law that went through veg and we got it to put it in flowering. We are running 1000w and have temps and humidity down. When we got the plants I noticed yellow spots on them and 2 leaves were dead. The person said that's what's suppose to happen even though I have done my research and I don't think that's correct. They also told me ph'ing my water isn't necessary. On the first day I fed it 1/2 strength of advanced nutrients and then I feed it again on the second day because I figured the yellow spots was a nitrogen problem. I'm told by him that I made a big mistake in feeding it twice in a row and Im going to kill my plants. He also told me the pots were to heavy and I over watered it and now there's going to be mildew. Someone lease help me and tell me what's going on with my plants and if I completely messed things up by feeding it twice. I don't believe a thing he's saying but I need confirmation. I'm planning on doing a flush with this capsule I got at a grow store for roots as suggested by the guy there. Any information about this would be really helpful.

Re: New grower; someone please HELP!!!

unnamed_1_4.jpg
unnamed25.jpg

Back off on the feeding….the rule of thumb is water/water/feed. It is easy to over love them….it doesn't look too bad all that….easy to over water. Some folks go my 'weight', that is when they pick up the plant, you sorta can tell when it's light, and needs water. I like to stick my fingers in about two inches to feel if it is dry or not. You'r doing ok. Towards the end of blooming, the end of her cycle, leaves will indeed turn yellow. Good luck!

More information. What is the EC and pH of the water going in? EC and pH of the water coming out? Lack of nitrogen is generally not spots but general light green growth. Older leaves are history and latest leaves and what is going on today.

Ahhhh ...I feel ur both over thinking this one!
yellow spots could be several things , search out "yellow spotted pot leaves jpg". do ur own research.
was no real need to 2x feed them, if the roots are established may not do much harm. if real worred flush the pots with a Gallon of PH'ed H2o.
You DO NEED TO do PH. it helps. especially as ur runninng a max system
with the large lights U can run nutes higher . takes a week to see effects of a mistake or the result of a fix!
deep calming breaths,
Slag

Back
Top Bottom