New grower with nutrient deficiency and looking for general advice.

schlepp

Hi every one have been lurking for a while reading as much as possible. Having my first grow. After referencing the nutrient deficiency list I am at a bit of a loss, I am not adding any nutes and have been using rain water to water the ladies. I recently repotted with Scotts Company Soils Mg Organic Choice Potting Mix. So I am seeing some yellowing spots on some, but not all plants and then on the new leaves there is a lighter yellow green. Anyone with any advice I will be most gracious.

Thanks,
Schlepp

"
DSC_7865.jpg
DSC_78731.jpg
DSC_7872.jpg
DSC_7868.jpg
The dude abides"

How are you collecting this rainwater? Not from the roof runoff I hope! Any garbage that has fallen on your roof from the air will end up in your water. Same goes for straight out of the sky if this is a first rain in the last few weeks or months.

Rainwater is not all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. You are far better off just using a good reverse osmosis bottled water or even plain old tap water provided it doesn't have too much chlorine in it.

Ever heard of ACID RAIN? Well unfortunately it has become pretty common in most developed areas and even in rural areas these days.

Nahhh.. You couldn't pay me enough to use it on my plants! And I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains at 5,000 feet!

As JJ said... Check the pH of this water as well as your soil using a quality pH meter and an IN SOIL pH meter for your growing medium. I suspect that you will find readings under the 6.2 limit where your soil needs to be. 6.2 - 6.8 is the range you want your soil to be in for Cannabis. If the pH is in range then you are probably seeing the effects of caustic chemicals from air pollution contained in your rainwater.

You want your water pH to be between 5.7 and 7.0. I prefer it to be 6.5 to 7.0. I find my plants do best when the soil pH is steady at 6.8. Hard to achieve that if you water with something in the 5s.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom