New Grower

blazendreadlock

Well im new to growing. Not really making anything big of it, But i had some seeds and decided to try it for the hell of it. So i have 8 seeds, About an inch apart from eachother in a pot. But there in a pot with another plant to as hide them a little as they grow. Plus its the only thing i had. I have soil in it. And i just put them in two days ago. Im now just waiting for them to pop up. Im using two 20w flourescent lights when they start to show. And i have them in a window. Im wondering what i should fully know about growing and such, When i should start to see some sort of stem sticking out and such. Thanks.

blazendreadlock said:
Im wondering what i should fully know about growing and such, When i should start to see some sort of stem sticking out and such. Thanks.

Glad to see you are starting a grow, its alot of fun watch'n them grow up....

There is alot to learn about growing MJ just like any other plant, And there's a ton of info around to help you.....

read THIS first, I think you will find alot of good tips :cool:

if you still have questions after reading please ask...

happy grow'n

Alright, alright...I don't really like it when people put links up to other peoples questions, yes, it may be a little or a lot easier but it takes out the fun and the purpose of this site. This site is to discuss things with one another and give accurate information. I appreciate the effort and all but if you are replying a post to someones question, you might as well use your own wording to discuss the topic.

On the other note. Did you germinate those seeds of yours? If not, it could take up to a couple weeks for those buggers to pop up. If you did then it could take up to two days to pop up. It is always best to germinate them first. To germinate, there are many ways but this is the way I use, you put you seeds in a paper towel. Dampen the paper towel and let the magic begin. I hope this helps.

BongHitsforME
Im wondering what i should fully know about growing and such

this is a big question to answer and i posted that link to send blazendreadlock in the direction where a new grower can get the basic's down then come back and ask more specific questions....

another factor i go by when posting replys is how many post has this user made.....like this one.....first post and wants to now everything about grow'n?....probly hasnt done any research yet....

blazendreadlock read the link i posted and if have any question's feel free to ask away....

good grow'n

MMJ_USER said:
BongHitsforME

this is a big question to answer and i posted that link to send blazendreadlock in the direction where a new grower can get the basic's down then come back and ask more specific questions....

another factor i go by when posting replys is how many post has this user made.....like this one.....first post and wants to now everything about grow'n?....probly hasnt done any research yet....

blazendreadlock read the link i posted and if have any question's feel free to ask away....

good grow'n

First off, thanks for all the replys. :Rasta:

And second, i did do just a tad of research, but i couldnt find anything good, just a bunch of forums, and some growing places, but i figured poeple of a forum who have been doing it more and longer could set to the right direction.

Now i must say i like and idiot screwed up that set of seeds. As well as my mom didnt help either. I didnt germate the seeds first, which i relized was bad.
Then my mom took the potter and switch the soil and put new plants in :jerkit:
But luckily i found two more seeds in my bag of weed. So i restrted the right way. I germated the two seeds for two days. One popped and i left it alone after it popped for two days. Its now in a dixie cup for now. Till it starts to bloom a little. And i have the dixie cup inside a black halloween couldron with a blacklight over it(figured because black attracts light itll heat up more inside this little area and help out alot) After it starts to bloom im gonna actually make the couldron itself the potter, which i will leave in the window and use the blacklights(as thats all i got) to adjust for the plant light cycles.

ok Well i read the link. Took in as much as i could. Now i have just three questions. One can u explain the light cycles to me just a bit better im still unshur of it. All i got form it was the 24/7 light cycle which leads me to my second question.
2.) What would happen if u didnt give the plant a full 24/7 light cycle, but just a bit less? which leads me to my third and final question.
3.) AS i stated before im using a 20w flourescent bulb. As u may know flourescent bulbs get damn hot after being on a while(as any bulb). But i cant do the chain hanging deal as i have no money for chain, plus that would just make my parents suspicious. So the light is on its side so the plant gets the lgiht on it. Is it alright if i leave the light off for maby 8 hours a night? Thanks.

One last question.
As the plant matures, is there a way to make the plant really bushy with bud?

blazendreadlock said:
ok Well i read the link. Took in as much as i could. Now i have just three questions. One can u explain the light cycles to me just a bit better im still unshur of it. All i got form it was the 24/7 light cycle which leads me to my second question.
2.) What would happen if u didnt give the plant a full 24/7 light cycle, but just a bit less? which leads me to my third and final question.
3.) AS i stated before im using a 20w flourescent bulb. As u may know flourescent bulbs get damn hot after being on a while(as any bulb). But i cant do the chain hanging deal as i have no money for chain, plus that would just make my parents suspicious. So the light is on its side so the plant gets the lgiht on it. Is it alright if i leave the light off for maby 8 hours a night? Thanks.

One last question.
As the plant matures, is there a way to make the plant really bushy with bud?

I have all the answers that you need but first i have to ask you this ok?

do you know what will happen to your parents if you get cought grow'n in there house?

how will you hide the smell? this will cost money to do, I know of no strain that doesnt stink in flower let alone drying......

:grinjoint:

well one lol, We live in the booneys, so that eliminates chance a bit. Plus im eventually gonna put it outside on my deck so it wont smell in the house.

But if i do get caught, from smell or somthing. Ill end up doing what no one wants, flushing it. Of course only if its still inside.

Update, I took everythingout of my entertainment center and put two 15w 18" blacklights in there. and im gonna try to fit the 20w in there instead of the 15w.
This is all in the bottom with two doors.

oh lol i know what the terms mean, i mean im unshur as to how the light cycles go. when to change and how long. it sorta didnt tick in my head. And i cant i live in a cold place. its like 30 below here.

Yup a blacklgiht, three now actuslly. so it creates about 50w all together. and no i dont have any pics. cant get any sorry. i just took the blacklights put them on top of to books and put the plant inbetween them.no a sophisticated setup but it gets light on the plant.

man plants wont grow with a black light you need to put a mix of warm white and cool white bulbs because black light has no light spectrum so you cant use for growing

hahaha yeah i relized, i took the "flourescent" light the wrong way. I now have a regular white flourescent light but kep the blacklights in therte. who knows. so hopefully thats better.

A 40 watt flouresent cool white will work alright. Definetly not the best but I did it once. My first good outcome grow i think. Go buy like four of those and set them up around the plant/s and you'll be set.

Not good

The Grow your about to attempt is not very thought out and not going to be sucessful.Well as you know that plant hiding them will obsorbe the light.It will also mean your using premade pot with used soil which is a nono.Also means that your extremly new and havent read anything up.I would recommend Cannabisculture.com for you becosue they have a ton more usefull things to help you out then this site.I learned all from there.BTW your plants will get about 1 ft high in about 2 months.Anything less then that will be pointless. lol With that kind of light you have you will get about 1 gram of weed in about "10 years".Nah you will get about 3 grams in about 4 months of work.So i dont mean to break your heart by letting you know this.

StickyBudz4z0 said:
The Grow your about to attempt is not very thought out and not going to be sucessful.Well as you know that plant hiding them will obsorbe the light.It will also mean your using premade pot with used soil which is a nono.Also means that your extremly new and havent read anything up.I would recommend Cannabisculture.com for you becosue they have a ton more usefull things to help you out then this site.I learned all from there.BTW your plants will get about 1 ft high in about 2 months.Anything less then that will be pointless. lol With that kind of light you have you will get about 1 gram of weed in about "10 years".Nah you will get about 3 grams in about 4 months of work.So i dont mean to break your heart by letting you know this.

Apparently u didnt read the whole thread. And a pot of soil used is better then nothing for a frst time grower, at least u can learn from the first time.
And it was a little more thought out then maby u thought. I read the link i was given. Took in as much as i could. And between this site and overgrow.com have learned anough to grow for my first time. And as ive stated this IS my FIRST time so if the plant dies i wont break down and crie because it did. Im going to make a mistake im shur everyone has made some even if its not huge.
And if u read the whole thread ud notice that those seeds you were talking about were long gone. I now have a seed in a dixie cup in a cabinet wiith a 20w florescent. Which im gonna take the advice i was given and try to get more. And after that im putting them in a pot with fresh new soil. Also the plant is quite healthy looking. Peace

MMJ_USER said:
blazendreadlock

hey bro,
hows the grow going? hope to see some pics soon :goof:

peace

Id say decent, she(in hopes its a girl) is only about an inch tall(would be taller but i did some stupd stuff) And shes quite healthy looking no bad sighns yet. Ill see what i can do with the pics. No promise though.

Back
Top Bottom