New growth very very thin, slightly yellow, wispy

CigNv

Not sure if I have a problem, or if this is just how these start to go into flower. I have two Fem White Widow. The seeds are from different breeders, but have grown very similar so far. The New growth is very very thin, slightly yellow, wispy on them both. It started a bit over a week ago, so a bit early for flower in my area. But early August is when the light is about right so they should be switching soon. They are outside with about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight a day. My first time growing outdoors. I also have a Northern Lights that seems to be doing fine as well as a Grand Daddy purple that is doing good, although a bit nitrogen deficient. Both of those are starting to show signs of starting flowering a bit early as well. Any thoughts? Am I good? Just switch to flowering nutes and hope they come out fine? I will add some pictures shortly.

Nutrients are mostly Dr seeds. Recently started adding a bit of Fox farms to up the nitrogen when I first noticed this starting. Also have been increasing the amount of fertilizer. The GPD responded well, the NL seems to love whatever I do to it. The WW have not really changed much, still doing the same thing.

It has been quite rainy recently, but nothing major. Each are in 27 gallon totes in soil and well drained.

White widow 1

20200729_181742.jpg20200729_181530.jpg20200729_181539.jpg20200729_181540.jpg20200729_181542.jpg20200729_181549.jpg20200729_181553.jpg

Not much we can say until you get the pics up. Any other info? What type of soil?

Thanks for the super quick reply! pics added.

The soil is a mix of a local organic potting and garden soil mixed with coco and perlite. Seeds started on 4-11 and they have been growing very happily up until just over a week ago. It is on the new growth only. No major bug infestations. Just your usual occasional spider and fly/gnat here and there to be expected for outdoors.

It has been doing this for almost two weeks on the new growth before I changed anything

Epsom salt was last saturday. I put about a cup worth (two small handfuls) on top of the soil, spread it around, then watered it in. There has been no change since then.

The leaves are wet still because it rained just a couple hours ago. They have had no foliar feedings at all.

Feeding has been almost doubled since I started seeing the issue, still no change.

Maybe fungal since there has been a bit more rain then most of the year so far over the last month, but still, much less rain here than normal for this time of year. It is only on the new growth though. Old growth has been fine other then a few getting yellow from low nitrogen.

I will make up a baking soda, dish soap, vegetable oil spray and start applying it daily in case I got some fungus starting.

A micro deficiency is my guess as well, just cant figure out which one. Maybe switching to a flowering nute may help.

Back
Top Bottom