New guy here

R3dt34rz

Just a new guy getting into the hobby. Started my 1st grow just last week and now have new sprouts. Growing MOC Auto Pilot XXL and Blueberry Domina. Working in a 4x4 tent /air cooled 600 watt hps with carbon scrubber.

One question I have is the sprouts seem to have stretched a little so I lowered the light from 18 inches to 15 inches. What I'm noticing is just a slight bending at the top of 2 plants out of 6. Any ideas?

I'm using FFOF mixed with Light Warrior, Perlite, a little lime and additional worm castings. Aside from bending a little they look great. Just trying to figure out if they're bending due to not enough light. Thanks guys

Oh it happens with seedlings from time to time & i've had em 3 inch tall before... just prop em up with a cocktail stick or some thing they will sort them self's out.

HPS is reasonable well known to cause excessive stretch during veg which may elongate internode distance etc etc... might just get a lanky plant !

How ever MH or cfl/T5 tubes of 6500k are much better for as this offers the blue spectrum of light more associated with veg growth which can create a more bushy, compact & shorter internode distance but depends on genetics really...

Ye you can grow from veg to flowering with hps tho some people do.

Might suggest a dual spectrum hps tho which supports some of blue spectrum.

Or just use cfl/T5 or T8 tubes which are much cheaper to run than MH counter parts & provide equal results.

Back
Top Bottom