New Here, starting my first cabinet grow

AndyOnGreens

hi everybody, i'm new here sort-of
i've been lurking for quite a while and decided to sign up

anyways. i've constructed a box that i hope to start my first grown in
and i have one question so far. the box i made is 3 feet wide, 4 feet tall, but only 1ft 6-7 in" deep.

could any of you see that as a problem? i plan on putting 2 plants in there with 1 400watt HPS?

thanks in advance for any help:allgood:

Your going to have heat issues with such a strong light. Leave the ballast out of the cabinet and install your ventilation. After ventilation is set up, turn on your light and come back in a hour to see what the temp build up is.

pictures would be nice?

WHY?^
It would just be a pic of a cabinet lol.
Lets do something first and see if it will work for him. Pics are cool but if there is nothing to show, you know what I mean.lol

I want to see what his cab looks like, how he built it, better idea of how the lights could possibly be set up, but i agree, he should test it first and picture it in spare time

i would post a picture but unfortunatley i dont have a digital camera

anyways, the light will hanging from a hole in the top of the box with two exhaust fans on the top, and a large intake fan on the bottom of one of the sides.

i'm hoping that will be sufficient enough for heat extraction

I would think your goin to have some height issues. . . With the lights at the very highest point, How much height do you have then? I have a cab just over 5'. I started my ladies @ 12/12 when they reached 12". Man did they come close to OG. And I'm still green with growing, wasn't sure I would be able to handle it. . . But all turned out pretty good. SCROG is a sound idea for your situation. Good Luck! :allgood: :peace: :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom