New indoor grower-need help with seed selection please :)

giannid

So here in Michigan we will be legal for recreational use in a few days. I'm not new to growing but new to growing indoors. I've always gotten my seeds from a buddy of mine who is an old school grower and just has the same skunk seeds he's been using for years. Since I'm able to grow legally I'm going to give it a go with an indoor grow of 6 plants or so this winter time that I want to basically start right now.

I'm looking for two strains to grow. Basically a pick me up and a bring me down. There's so many different places to buy these and so many different strains, I don't even know where to start. I really haven't had much experience with different strains and have always smoked this same old school skunk weed for years and ready for the latest and greatest.

Couple of things. I do not want an autoflower as I'm new to indoor growing and want to go through the learning phases before I try the difficult stuff. Also, I'll probably want to grow the same strains outdoors when I can so the autoflower won't work. Looking for seeds from a supplier that has a good reputation and is reliable. That supplier has to be in the US as I don't want to deal with waiting forever to get my seeds overseas. Feminized seeds would also be prefered but would like the option to get some males in the future so if I like the strain, I could get my own seeds. Have never cloned before so I prefer to start from seeds, especially if I try and grow the same strains outdoors. I want to start these now so time is of the essence. I'll also be growing in soil.

For the pick me up strain, I want something that gives you a little get up and go. Something that doesn't cloud the mind up. This will more likely be used in daytime hours as a boost me up or at night to have some fun. I don't drink much these days so this is my party fix. Not looking for anything crazy, just a little punch. Not something that gets you stoned out of your mind as I'm a lightweight.

The bring me down strain will be mostly used at night and to relax. I own my own business and sometimes have a problem at night unwinding. Also have some back issues that flare up from time to time. I've always had problems sleeping and would be great to find something that could help. I've also got a buddy that has some medical issues that has a prescription for medical use. Problem is he doesn't have insurance so it's rather expensive for him to purchase. Maybe this same strain could be a little higher in cbd and could be used for his conditions also.

Anyways, I'm obviously a newb at all this and could use some advice. Sorry if some of this stuff sounds kind of stupid for you expert growers. Just looking for some advice from the pros. Thanks in advance.

Pick me up...a Sativa

Sleepy a Indica

Besides that, guess it's yer call... A sativa CBD mix is a good energy booster assss well

I'm sure a few will suggest strains so I'll see where this goes

Congrats and good luck

Don't have a place yet. I'm looking for suppliers also. I'm in Michigan so we're legal for recreational use in a few days.
Unlikely you'll be able to get seeds locally even when legal...that is always a hurdle, but easily remedied. There are some great seed banks that are 420Mag sponsors...The Vault, @SeedsMan, Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds. Most take cc payment and you'll get your seeds within 2 weeks approx. We don't really discuss HOW they magically arrive at your residence, because Federally that is still a no-no....

I love seedsman and the vault, I get mine always within 2 weeks from Seedsman
Oregon has a few seeds Banks, and may look at Humboldt

Pick a seed bank and we can help on some strains

Any of these based in the US? Was hoping not to have to deal with overseas shipment. Seeds are legal to possess in my state even before recreational legalization. Seedsman seems to be very used.

Back
Top Bottom