New(ish) grower help appreciated!

Maxxxito

Hello everyone, just started on my second grow. I've got a jack flash, whitewidow (fem), and a fruit spirit (fem). Under lights, small fan. Just a small bedroom grow nothing too serious, not looking to spend loads of money, just have a bit of fun with it.
I planted the jack flash a couple of weeks before others. Planted others on 29/08/12.
White widow started slow but going ok now.
Jack flash was going ok, but bottom leaves are drooping and fading in colour.
The fruit spirit is a very dark green colour, looks fine, but just drooping a lot.
I've been using biogrow and bio heaven. Only 1ml or 2 per litre of water for each. I water with plain water quite often. I have just flushed the plants through as I was worried it might have been a build up. So will see how that goes.
I don't think I'm overwatering as I do like to let the soil get quite dry, as I think this is better for getting oxygen to the roots?

Any help is appreciated! Pictures to follow.

Max

image200.jpg
image205.jpg

High Max, welcome. Droop happens because of stress, often from water starvation. Your soil looks airy, so don't be too afraid to keep it wet. More light is usually good, and more airflow is nearly always good. If this is similar to your last grow, and you seldom if ever grew anything before, watch them react over days to new things. 40 to 60% humidity, 20 to 28 degrees (UK, eh?), gentle breeze 24/7.

They look OK to me ;)

Ok cool. Yeah uk. Have just flushed them and they've all drooped quite a lot? I think I let them dry out after flush, and then maybe step up the feeding, as I only feed them about 2/3 of the time I water it. Will try and post another picture soon.

Also the leaves at the bottom have gone pale, soi just trimmed them off, they weren't getting any light, so I thought they'd be a waste and will improve airflow?

Trim the uglies, sure. They're not very big, so if lower leaves aren't getting much light, I suspect that there is not much light to be had. Light is the source of all growth power, not chemicals which merely facilitate in low quantities. CO2 contributes more mass to the finished plant than fertilizer. I understand that you're not investing $$ in this hobby, but don't expect explosive growth rates. HIDs cost, and LEDs are even more, but a few CFLs are meager. Enough for fun.
BTW, now that I've shot-off my mouth, what light do you provide them?

Back
Top Bottom