New member South Ontario

canadalarry

Hi everyone, Canada has made growing plants legal so here I am ;)
I have had outdoor plants a couple of times but now I'm going to try a 2x4 tent with a pro ll 160 led light. I have just put germinated seeds in soil today. Although they are in starter pots now, I intend to transfer them to 5 gal smart pots eventually. My grow tent came with an extra removable tray, is this tray enough under fabric pots or should I use catch trays under each pot? also should I put an insulated mat under the whole tent or is cold cement slab ok?
Thanx

Hi! Welcome to 420.
I would say yes to both the saucers and insulation. I grow in the north also. I am adding foam insulation panels under my floor tray this week. It's getting cold out!

Hi Larry and welcome to 420mag!

I would suggest placing a platform under your tent possibly some 3/4” plywood with 1/2” wall board foam. Would be a great barrier from the concrete and you don’t want to give your girls cold feet!

Catch trays for under the pots I would recommend ! You don’t want all the runoff just on your tents catch tray! That’s for those “oops” moments lol

Happy growing pal and keep it green eh!

Good Day and welcome from Northern Ontario!!!

Your questions have already been answered and I second what has been said.

Enjoy the great community that is :420:

I grow in the basement too, northern BC so it can get chilly, my grow tent site around 68 F, and I had concerns the concrete was hurting the temps of my root zone.

I put down some 2x4’s and then some plywood for the containers to sit on. I think it’s helped some.

Back
Top Bottom