New Memeber W/1st grow & Lotsa Questions.

Down4mythang

Hello All. New member here. Im attempting my first grow and I have a lot of questions. I also have taken pictures so advice and comment are welcome. I'll just post the pics of my "home-made" grow tent and let things run their course. I would like comments on plant health. I also need advice on when to start using the nutrients that I have: Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom & Grow Big. Right now the plants are in MG Organic Choice. Once transplanted they will be in Ocean Forest. If anyone can see anything going on with the plant that determines sex please point that out to me! :thanks:
DSC01800.JPG

DSC01796.JPG

DSC017922.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC017922.JPG

The nute thing is one of my biggest concerns. Not too sure what to add and when to add, if you know what i mean. I tried adding links of pictures uploaded to the site cause it said i was unable to add pics to the post. Hopefully there were added when I edited the original post.

Plants normally can survive on nutes in soil for 1st few weeks. All they need is water. After about 3-4 weeks u can start with 1/4 strength nutes. feed lightly. U may wanna test on 1 plant 1st to see how it takes it. In miracle grow soil I've heard that its can be problematic in this regard because the soil is supposedly pre fertilized, just somethin I picked up around the forums.

Whoa there baby.
Be VERY careful using neuts and MG soil. MG soil had time release neuts already incorporated into their mix.
Honestly, IMHO, if you're growing in MG soil, I'd avoid the neuts. It's just SO DAMN EASY to really burn your babies bad.
If you do decide to use supplemental neuts, start at a MUCH lower mix than you'd normally use... your babies are already being fed. I'd start at 1/16th strenght and work my way up (or perhaps down).

Cheers!

Whoa there baby.
Be VERY careful using neuts and MG soil. MG soil had time release neuts already incorporated into their mix.
Honestly, IMHO, if you're growing in MG soil, I'd avoid the neuts. It's just SO DAMN EASY to really burn your babies bad.
If you do decide to use supplemental neuts, start at a MUCH lower mix than you'd normally use... your babies are already being fed. I'd start at 1/16th strenght and work my way up (or perhaps down).

Cheers!
Here's an update on my grow.
DSC01806.JPG

DSC01807.JPG

DSC018081.JPG

DSC01809.JPG

DSC01813.JPG

DSC01814.JPG

Is the item in the last pic used for clones or germinating seeds?

Is there a reason I cant post pictures?

Hey man I'm a noob myself but from what I've gathered on this site so far the plants will not start to show signs of sex until they are put on a 12/12 light/dark cycle and it also seems they would probably need to mature a little more so a noobs' advice if you want to see flowers sooner than later is put the plant on a 12/12 cycle now and keep checking the nodes for any signs. good luck.

I've read you can 12/12 it straight from seed I have one a little younger that's on 12/12 as of today actually.

The 12/12 light cycle simulates the onset of fall/winter and forces the plants to flower.

Signs of sex

Hey man I'm a noob myself but from what I've gathered on this site so far the plants will not start to show signs of sex until they are put on a 12/12 light/dark cycle and it also seems they would probably need to mature a little more so a noobs' advice if you want to see flowers sooner than later is put the plant on a 12/12 cycle now and keep checking the nodes for any signs. good luck.

This is a popular method, when cloning for sex. This is when a clone is taken from each plant and tagged/labeled and then st to flower while the "mothers" are still in veg and they've been topped = 2 main growth shoots!
If u can eyeball the reproductive organs, some plants start to show signs of sex around the 4th week in veg. We have lot's of useful threads and posts at our disposal here. Try the search feature in the mid upper righ portion of ur screen. This contains answers to many questions a for the new grower. >How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know Good Luck and Happy Growing.:welcome::peace:

Back
Top Bottom