New recent problem with my little plant - Need some advice :)

BlowinSwishhh

So my plant, white widow, was growing strong. I recently encountered a problem where my growth would slow, and just the edges of the leaves are turning to a greenish yellow. Lower leaves are staring to get a little dry... The tips begin to turn to a brown. I would post pictures, but it's not letting me:/ any advice would be awesome!

I'll post a picture in a few hours. It looks to me like maybe magnesium def. or overfert, but I want to make sure before I flush the system.

When the plant was a little smaller, she encountered Magnesium Def. So to fix that, I have been adding CaliMag. It seemed to fix it, but the newer leaves started looking like the pic above again

Your pics look like Cal/Mag deficiency. What are you using for a light source? If it is and LED you should be adding Cal/mag with your feedings. You won't hurt the plant by flushing it. If you are going to flush use 5x the amount of water as the size of the pot. ie: a 1 gal pot should be flushed with 5 gal of water. I would put them in the sink and slowly flush. It will take a little time. Then let them dry out for a few days. When you start your nutes again, start about 1/4 strength and work your way back up. :peace:

How much Cal/mag have you been giving? I usually add 2t-3t per gallon of water every feeding.:peace:

That number varies depending on the brand of calmag. I always start with the low suggestion, then if I see signs of deficiency I start bumping it up.

Those pictures makes it look like a flush is in order. I think you probably just have some nutrient build up in your medium.

So guys.. My Plant has taken a turn for the worst. I recently changed out the soil to a better blend. I used Promix organic, earthworm castings, blood meal, and extra perlite. Maybe it's looking like this because everything in the soil wasn't quite activated thoroughly yet? Help please!

Yes I have. The pH is set right at 6.6. See I'm not sure how she could be burning up though.. Since I had just changed the soil last night and haven't fed it any ferts other then what I mixed into the soil.. Which was the right amount

Yes I have. The pH is set right at 6.6. See I'm not sure how she could be burning up though.. Since I had just changed the soil last night and haven't fed it any ferts other then what I mixed into the soil.. Which was the right amount

You may have had it right the first time. Maybe you did not mix thoroughly enough and you are getting some of your nutes concentrated by the roots. Hate to say it, but you may need to flush again. I had a similar problem. I used soil I got from Home Depot and my plants did awful. I switched to FFOF and I burnt them because the soil was too hot. Flushed them well and it was all good after that. Good luck. :peace:

I switched to FFOF and I burnt them because the soil was too hot. Flushed them well and it was all good

That's just it there.

With the castings and blood meal it could have been a bit much for her. Flushing is the way to fix this. Can you get a PPM reading of your run off?

Back
Top Bottom