New Smokers Q n A

lkeller

There is a lot of controversy going on about the topic of legalizing marijuana. After talking to a wide range of people at school, including people who smoke marijuana, use to smoke marijuana, and people who still think if you take a hit of marijuana you’ll kill your brother. (My dad is one of these people)

I found out that there is a great interest in non smokers and smokers alike about the legalization of marijuana. Often I find myself in a Q n A type of routine where non smokers are asking all sorts of useful questions that are based off of the infamous “Reefer Madness” Propaganda. A lot of the questions I get include:

“Is marijuana addictive? “

Short Answer = NO
Well everything that makes you feel good is addictive to an extent, take sex for example. It makes you feel good, so why wouldn’t you want to have sex at every chance you get? Same goes with marijuana.
You also need to factor the persons self control. Even then a person who does not have much self control will not be addicted to marijuana. You will not have any ‘comedowns’, your not going to feel horrible if you don’t get ‘a fix’. So to the majority of the people In this world Marijuana would not be addictive.

“ Does it cause cancer?”

Scientist to this day have yet to find any traces to cancer. Actually Medical Marijuana has actually helped cure patients with cancer. A particular story that I heard was that a patient had terminal cancer. He could eventually be healed of it… If the chemo didn’t kill him first. He started smoking medical marijuana, and went from a sick dog to someone who you would think was an adequately healthy person. Apparently marijuana counteracts the negative effects of chemo therapy, and could easily be the answer to never letting another cancer patient die a horrible and terrible way to die.

“But If I smoke marijuana am I going to just get tired of it and seek a more
hardcore, addictive and deadly drug?”

This is essentially known as the gateway theory. It has been proven again and again that this is just a theory and in no way is true. What is actually happening is when a person is buying marijuana from there dealer (Someone who is selling all kinds of drugs) they ran out of marijuana but they suggest something else, something stronger more addictive and more profitable. If marijuana was legalized this theory would altogether diminish.

“I have heard that it is easy to overdose on marijuana because you become incoherent and cannot decide when you have had enough, is that true?”

NO! It is impossible to overdose on marijuana! There has not been one recorded death from the use of marijuana. There has been however many deaths because the plant is illegal and the evil drug cartels are the ones who have control over it

“Whats the dangers of marijuana?”

Wiping a weeks worth of food out, you can have more control over this when your body becomes accustomed to the plant.

“What kind of effect does marijuana have?”

This is one that causes a lot of confusion. People are often confused and say it makes you hallucinate, if your hallucinating that means an additive like PCP (most common) is in your weed. (***IMPORTANT*** The Cannabis plant does not produce PCP, it is an entirely different drug in itself and I encourage for you to stay away from it)

“Why should marijuana be legalized?, it’s obviously illegal for a reason, so it must be bad.”

Right now the main push for the legalization of marijuana is for its medicinal purposes. Although the legalization for the recreational use of marijuana is being pushed forward on a strong argument that marijuana is safer than tobacco, alcohol, caffeine and pharma meds. The average death total from aspirin is 1000 deaths per year, while marijuana is still at 0. Marijuana is essentially safer than water! You can kill yourself by consuming too much water, but you can’t kill yourself from consuming pot!
As for it being illegal, remember the alcohol prohibition? This is essentially the same exact thing, except the motives are different. I would suggest reading up on the popular reefer madness propaganda. The government outright lied to the people (what a surprise?) All in all marijuana was banned because of greed and the fact that pharma companies couldn’t put a patent on a 100% organic plant. No Profit? No Cure, is the attitude that has been taken. It goes deeper than that, hemp paper is a much more fine paper than the paper we use today. With the popular and widespread growth of marijuana cultivation the lumber companies would not be what they are today. (Again please look up the true intentions of reefer madness)

I urge you to research all of this for yourself. Please don’t take my word for it, I’m just an activist, talk to the scientist and what there research has uncovered
P.S.
Oh and to Christians (Includes me) you might remember a man named Nero from your history books. Long story short he outlawed Christianity and persecuted them severely, this is a great example that mans law is often misled, twisted, and perverted.

Yea, hopefully. The government did along of damage with their propaganda so all the help we can get to undo that damage is worth something.

"Is marijuana addictive? "

I want to add to your comments. Marijuana does have some mild addictive properties, demonstrated clinically. Less than coffee for example.

DrugProp.JPG

" Does it cause cancer?"

Here's some great reading supporting that marijuana does not cause cancer and actually helps with some types of cancers

THC Cuts Lung Cancer Growth

Non Toxic Dose Of THC Kills Human Brain Tumor Cells

Lung Cancer: Antineoplastic Activity Of Cannabinoids

Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74

Marijuana & Skin Cancer

Cannabis Extract Makes Brain Tumors Shrink, Halts Growth Of Blood Vessels

"I have heard that it is easy to overdose on marijuana because you become incoherent and cannot decide when you have had enough, is that true?"

Marijuana is non-toxic, something that isn't even true for water.

the LD50 does (the dose where 50% of rats die) equates to some absurd value like a human needing to consume 75% of their body weight in a few hours. I can't find the reference for this right now so the value above is from memory

"What kind of effect does marijuana have?"

Cannabis Facts

I want to add to your comments. Marijuana does have some mild addictive properties, demonstrated clinically. Less than coffee for example.

DrugProp.JPG

Here's some great reading supporting that marijuana does not cause cancer and actually helps with some types of cancers

THC Cuts Lung Cancer Growth

Non Toxic Dose Of THC Kills Human Brain Tumor Cells

Lung Cancer: Antineoplastic Activity Of Cannabinoids

Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74

Marijuana & Skin Cancer

Cannabis Extract Makes Brain Tumors Shrink, Halts Growth Of Blood Vessels

Marijuana is non-toxic, something that isn't even true for water.

the LD50 does (the dose where 50% of rats die) equates to some absurd value like a human needing to consume 75% of their body weight in a few hours. I can't find the reference for this right now so the value above is from memory

Cannabis Facts

Thanks for your input, Yeah those charts will help. Like I said everything is addicting to an extent. And yeah I'm pretty sure consuming that much cannabis in a few hours is impossible, from what I've heard, your brain just tells your body "no" and I don't think anyone could kill themselves intentionally or unintentionally alike. Thanks for posting the resources for all to read.

I am wondering out of curiosity, has anyone thought about using cannabis to see what it does to a virus (if anything, I have not done any research on this)? This sparked my curiosity out of the recent swine flu outbreak. Wouldn't it be awesome if cannabis cured swine flu?

Man you guys are good i love reading this stuff just dont know where to find it all at.

Thanks, it's just amazing that cannabis heals or counter acts so many different harmful disease's and deadly virus'.

Man you guys are good i love reading this stuff just dont know where to find it all at.

We've got a great news team here on site. They spend countless hours searching all the feeds make it easy for us to stay up to date on the latest happenings.

I highly recommend spending at least 5 minutes a day in the news department, at least reading the headlines.

International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine

I wonder if they will even apologize for all the years of turmoil they have caused. Through lies, false research, giving harsh prison terms for being in possession of a plant. The list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom