New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Thanks cap'n, couldn't have made it this far without you. I'll set it to 1 time a day for 15 minutes.. But I have no idea why I would only do it once a day?.. I'll be waiting to hear further instruction from you Cap'n

After your pump stops running, wait an hour, then lift up your pot slightly, and take a mental note of the weight. Then come back 8 hours later. If it still feels pretty heavy, there is plenty of water in the root zone. Roots enjoy drying up, SLIGHTLY. For fastest growth, don't irrigate again until the pot feels noticeably lighter. You're using the 5.8 gal / 7gal air pots full of rockwool. I use the same and only irrigate once a day on my big one pounders. Those pots are actually a little too big for your plants right now, but don't worry, they will "grow into them".

When leaves are curled down slightly, that's a sign of over watering, possibly too high PPM too. But I feel like part of it was because of the transplant. Can you post a new picture?

I've got Smartpots which don't have handles but I've seen the roots they produce & there's nothing like it.

I like fabric pots, just remember to only use it as your last flowering container. It's difficult to transplant from one fabric pot to another without damaging roots.

But it's not the fabric pot that "produces" roots, it's your feeding and beneficial bacteria regimen.

Looking really good Keegan420, congratulations on your harvest.

How long did you veg your capn style girls?
Is your garage insulated?
Do you have heat in there, how will you keep the temps up during the winter month?

Your doing capn style exactly the way I planned in my head but, I am planning on using only one 27 gal reservoir with a 800+ gph pump, under a 1000w hps. I'm looking for a new place with a shop out back, min 14'X14' insulated with power.

Thanks for your time Keegan420, I hope I will can grow as good as you do when my turn comes.:adore:

I like fabric pots, just remember to only use it as your last flowering container. It's difficult to transplant from one fabric pot to another without damaging roots.

But it's not the fabric pot that "produces" roots, it's your feeding and beneficial bacteria regimen.

That's something I'm about to deal with myself. Wish me luck lol

After your pump stops running, wait an hour, then lift up your pot slightly, and take a mental note of the weight. Then come back 8 hours later. If it still feels pretty heavy, there is plenty of water in the root zone. Roots enjoy drying up, SLIGHTLY. For fastest growth, don't irrigate again until the pot feels noticeably lighter. You're using the 5.8 gal / 7gal air pots full of rockwool. I use the same and only irrigate once a day on my big one pounders. Those pots are actually a little too big for your plants right now, but don't worry, they will "grow into them". When leaves are curled down slightly, that's a sign of over watering, possibly too high PPM too. But I feel like part of it was because of the transplant. Can you post a new picture?

Heres some pictures taken just a little bit ago.
3/4 are looking happy, but the 1 Tahoe OG kush is looking very sad..
IMG_38164.JPG
IMG_38177.JPG
IMG_38186.JPG
IMG_38195.JPG
IMG_38206.JPG

I got a handheld ph meter since i have to return my monitor that isn't functioning properly, but Ph is at 5.8. PPM is still 450 so they haven't drank any nutes in the last week since i transplanted, maybe 50 ppm at the most. Lowered watering to 15 mins 1 time a day and the pot is still feeling heavy after 12 hours of no water.. Maybe transplanting from soil to rock wool this late in veg wasn't smart..

Try not watering her for a day or 2. It is just over watered. Wait to water until they need it. It'll come back my friend don't stress!

Looking really good Keegan420, congratulations on your harvest.

How long did you veg your capn style girls?
Is your garage insulated?
Do you have heat in there, how will you keep the temps up during the winter month?

Your doing capn style exactly the way I planned in my head but, I am planning on using only one 27 gal reservoir with a 800+ gph pump, under a 1000w hps. I'm looking for a new place with a shop out back, min 14'X14' insulated with power.

Thanks for your time Keegan420, I hope I will can grow as good as you do when my turn comes.:adore:

Yeah I'm actually thinking about switching over to just one 27 gal tote for a res for all 4 because the 2 reservoirs are never an even water level with each other. Since i have two drain holes, one to each res and the table is off balance or not exactly even so one res gets more run off than the other, something i hadn't expected.. I plan on maybe putting just both 185gph pumps in the one res and have both drain holes in the tray go back to the same res. It'll make watching ppm and ph easier too.

I vegged the 4 girls that are now capn style in soil for almost 2 months from rooted clone, and transplanted about a week ago to grow cubes.
Garage is not insulated, with the 1k HPS it'll be easy to stay in the mid 70s temp range in that small 5x5 tent. I can adjust how much hot air is exhausted out too if it gets too chilly though.

Thanks for the update & the info on your capn style, I'm sending good karma to you and your girls.

Try not watering her for a day or 2. It is just over watered. Wait to water until they need it. It'll come back my friend don't stress!

You think I should cut off the water to just her forr 36-48 hours and keep feeding the other 3 girls once a day for 15mins?

Nice, what strains do you have? Are you getting clones or from seed?

my strains are

1. strain hunters money maker
2. x-line lemon kush
3. afghan kush X skunk
4. Hawaiian skunk haze
5. jack widow
6. dark devil autoflower

and the Hawaiian skunk haze takes so damn long to flower i might take her out of the rotation and replace her with a heavy weight fruit punch or a barneys L$d.

i started all from seed .i keep multiple clones of my plants so i can remove or bring one back whenever i decide. i have 16 total plants going right now.

my strains are

2. x-line lemon kush
3. afghan kush X skunk
4. Hawaiian skunk haze
5. jack widow
6. dark devil autoflower

and the Hawaiian skunk haze takes so damn long to flower i might take her out of the rotation and replace her with a heavy weight fruit punch or a barneys L$d.

i started all from seed .i keep multiple clones of my plants so i can remove or bring one back whenever i decide. i have 16 total plants going right now.

Sounds like a nice selection. I always kick out the long sativas from my garden too. They always fuck up your plant rotation schedule honestly.. Unless you are running your entire garden for 13 weeks each cycle. But very cool, I wish I had space for mothers. Id be poppin seeds left and right. Soon enough I'll place a seed order, probably when I get my new place situated. Still fucking with the bank. Short sale properties owned by the bank take sooo long to close. But this place is worth the wait.

If you're looking for a new fruity smelling heavy yielding hybrid Id highly suggest the XJ13 that me and Sphynx are running. Flowers out to full maturity with 10-15% ambers in 10 weeks. I always run my strains to 10 weeks now. I'm digging the quality of the buds that I hold out on for a week or 2. I probably could have harvested XJ a couple weeks earlier but I wanted to wait cause I like that couch lock :)

Update on Cap'n Style:
I cut off the watering to the sickly Tahoe og kush for 24 hours, and cut back watering to the other 3 to 1x a day 15min irrigation. I came out this afternoon to check on em, and the Tahoe og kush is definitely looking a hell of a lot better. Leaves are still dropping a little bit WAY less than before and the levels aren't looking funky. She's on the up and up! I just hooked her up to water for 1 times day for 15 mins like the rest and see if she likes that..

I harvested the White Russian over the last couple days. I decided I'm not gonna take pics of undried bud, I'll just do a big photo shoot for all the dried buds once they are in the jar.

Not sure if I updated the final weight for the White #2 that was harvest last week/bud washed and then jarred. It's been curing for a week and the final weight for that one was 65grams dried and cured. So even better than the first one. That's a total of 125 grams from 2 plants so far. She was a low yielding strain with only a month veg so I think with some lSt, topping and experience this strain could be a winner. The bud quality is definitely there. I've been smoking on it for a couple days and if I could say one word about it, it would be physcodelic. Every time I smoke a blunt of it I get such a euphoric feeling acompanied by a very strong body high. I sprinkled some keif on one last night and had to save half of it for later! :trance: It isn't a crazy paranoid high, but ceribral enough to let me ponder on life, and enjoy it. On top of that, I get a great night sleep with a little of this before bed too. Good quality medicine for me, which is why I started doing this in the first place..

my strains are

2. x-line lemon kush
3. afghan kush X skunk
4. Hawaiian skunk haze
5. jack widow
6. dark devil autoflower

Find XJ13 DL... Do it. You will not regret it.

Picture update of the Tahoe? :) good choice on the not watering her, might even want to take it to 36 hours to get her needing water again.

this is all i could fine

Alien Afterburner OG (Alien Genetics)

Parents / Genetics: XJ-13 x Tahoe Alien

damn its 154 bucks for 11 seeds..wow!!

this is all i could fine

Alien Afterburner OG (Alien Genetics)

Parents / Genetics: XJ-13 x Tahoe Alien

damn its 154 bucks for 11 seeds..wow!!

Its going to yield so high for you though. That 150 bucks is worth it.

really . i will have look into it .. had to buy the "boss"(lol) a car today so im broker than broke until harvest .gotta keep her happy! it says flowering times are unknown on the site . what was the flowering time of the xj-13?

Update:

In my T5 veg tent with the 3x XJ13s and the 1x The white have all been LST'd and topped on the lower middle branches that are now exposed to some light.

IMG_38239.JPG
IMG_38228.JPG
IMG_38248.JPG

Capn tent Update:

Pictures of the mendocino purps

IMG_382610.JPG

Picture of sickly Tahoe go kush, being watered on 1 time a day for 15 mins along with the others.. Should i take her off water for another day? PH:5.9 PPM:430

Also, should i completely empty and replace my reservoirs with new nutrients every 5-7days?, or should i just drain 5 gallons from the res and replace 5 gals with fresh nutes?

IMG_38257.JPG

Transplanted the vegging girls into 5 gal grow bags with KJCs Soil Mix. Here is a picture of one of the Mendocino Purps roots. Grew right through the bottom of the nursery pot. All of my plants have great roots this go around, so I'm excited to see how that effects my final yield.

IMG_38278.JPG

Agreed, you can't cheap out on anything with growing, especially if you're serious about your final product. Good genetics is extremely important not to skimp out on. Think of that 150 as an initial investment. You pop all 11 seeds, maybe half if you want. Kick out the males, let the females grow and toss any runts. Take a clone of all thats left and flower them all out. You'll probably end up with 2-4 phenos (strain dependent), maybe more if its an unstable hybrid. Then you mother the pheno(s) you love. Then you won't have to buy seeds next grow! You basically have an unlimited amount of free clones from that point on.

Ive never bought seeds before. But if I was then thats how i would do it.

really . i will have look into it .. had to buy the "boss"(lol) a car today so im broker than broke until harvest .gotta keep her happy! it says flowering times are unknown on the site . what was the flowering time of the xj-13?

Ive never heard of that Alien cross before. Id google it or check out strain reviews on this site maybe there is one there. If i was you, id check craigslist in my state to see if a caretaker or someone has a cut..

Im pretty sure me and Sphnx have the same cut or pretty damn close of the Xj-13. After cruising through your journals, I could point out which pictures were XJ, the sugar leaves are thin and tuck downwards and looks like they are almost melting and the triches look glazed onto the bud.. Its a gorgeous looking plant, and smells even better. Im curious though Sphnx, you were running like 16-1700 ppm on your XJs last grow,, how in the hell are you getting that high and not burning the leaves?

Agreed, you can't cheap out on anything with growing, especially if you're serious about your final product. Good genetics is extremely important not to skimp out on. Think of that 150 as an initial investment. You pop all 11 seeds, maybe half if you want. Kick out the males, let the females grow and toss any runts. Take a clone of all thats left and flower them all out. You'll probably end up with 2-4 phenos (strain dependent), maybe more if its an unstable hybrid. Then you mother the pheno(s) you love. Then you won't have to buy seeds next grow! You basically have an unlimited amount of free clones from that point on.

Ive never bought seeds before. But if I was then thats how i would do it.

Ive never heard of that Alien cross before. Id google it or check out strain reviews on this site maybe there is one there. If i was you, id check craigslist in my state to see if a caretaker or someone has a cut..

Im pretty sure me and Sphnx have the same cut or pretty damn close of the Xj-13. After cruising through your journals, I could point out which pictures were XJ, the sugar leaves are thin and tuck downwards and looks like they are almost melting and the triches look glazed onto the bud.. Its a gorgeous looking plant, and smells even better. Im curious though Sphnx, you were running like 16-1700 ppm on your XJs last grow,, how in the hell are you getting that high and not burning the leaves?

Proper pH and some leaves did get burnt, but nothing severe. I just pull them off lol
the XJ's actually got up to 2000ppms last round, next time I grow that strain I'm going to try 2500-2700ppms. Under that many 1000w lights the plants can handle and use all of those nutrients, they just grow really big hahaha

Back
Top Bottom