newb question. when to stop lst

fallan12

20140818_120925.jpg
20140818_120948.jpg
20140818_120938.jpg
20140818_120833.jpg
I havestarted lst on the 18th on my one plant and at the end of that day its top was starting to point up towards the sun and I was wondering when should I take my ties off i? Every guide shows you how but not when to stop and untie your plant and let it grow can someone help me? Thank you stay faded :volcano-smiley:

If you let the ties off, your plant will bend back up to the way it was. Once you start to tie stuff down, you gotta keep it tied down. Build a screen and scrog it. You'll want to loosen the ties a little or switch to garden wire so you don't cut into plant when it grows. But yeah, they don't tell you in guides when to remove it cause you don't

Im not teying to keep the bend as much as I got I would like to have the bend still but remove the ties I havr and I got some paracord im using atm tied in a noose to adjust its noose is really just pulling it down and not even tight round plant. I have seen guides that show lst method and after they get thw bend they want they take it off and they never give any reason why they took it off or when to do it for all the fact
If you let the ties off, your plant will bend back up to the way it was. Once you start to tie stuff down, you gotta keep it tied down. Build a screen and scrog it. You'll want to loosen the ties a little or switch to garden wire so you don't cut into plant when it grows. But yeah, they don't tell you in guides when to remove it cause you don't

If you supercrop a branch, it won't bend back up, but usually on lst it will bounce back after a day if untied. The only time you untie it is to put it under a screen. Usually you tie it down to get light to lower budsites, and to take advantage of smaller lights. What kind of light are you growing with?

I have been able to remove my LST wires after the stalk starts to harden without the branch bouncing back. If you feel the stalk or branch you will notice that eventually it will start to feel quite hard almost wood like, it should be safe to take off the LST wire then. If it does start to bounce back replace the wire and wait a little longer.

Thanks for the adcive both you and I was using four 19w (75w equivalent) 1200 lumens each buld on 50/50 foil and flat white but I put it out side for rest of summer to start flowering with the natural light but if I need to I got 8 bulbs total in an air cooled ballast I made for it. Lst at the end of the day last check the top head was getting perky and so were the leave they are all twisted to get the sun and insidr branches

With bulbs like that you'll want to keep that plant as flat as you can to take advantage of their low watt and penetration. That plant starts growing upward and your lights will start making light airy buds.

I under stand but im done with the cfl til it starts to get cold and then ill move it under the cfl for those last couple weeks of flower but for now I put my plants outside to use the natural sunlight and elements to start my flower and use as much light as I can before it end of october. I have had my plants outside in the 12/12 for 4 days so far anf no signs of flower am I expecting it to soon how long does it normally take from flower to veg?

If its true LST you never have to stop. I sometimes LST up till week of harvest to spread buds out, or get them off a wall, or off the ground, ect.

LST done right causes no stress.

Back
Top Bottom