Newbee help with sexing

AudioBassiks

hi new to growing on my own.. i have 5 plants in the growing now.. i started these from seed the first week of january this being the almost 3 week in march.
i tryed to get good pictures.. plant 2 i pretty sure is female but the other i am not sure.. my main objective with this grow is too get clones out of them and nic all the males off.

if anyone can help i know there just pictures but any insite would be wicked sweet thanks in advanic

That plant looks too young to show sex, you generally don't see preflowers until they are at least 4 weeks old and sometimes much longer. With my current grow, they were 7-8 weeks old before all of them showed sex.

see this is where i get confused.. they have been growning 8 weeks now. so that leads to my now new question. when i started i had less light. for about 4 weeks i had just a 2 bulb set up, the plants where not really growing too big,, so when should i be judging my time. from the star, or from the change to way better lighting?

The sure way is to simply veg your plants until you see pre-flowers or sacs, time varies...(the thread mentioned above is good to help identify between the two) or change your light schedule to 12/12. 12hrs of light and 12hrs of complete darkness, depending on the age/health/environment of the plant it'll show sex from 10-20days (inducing flowering is the surefire way). I personaly have vegged up to 5weeks and no sex was shown until flowering was induced. I also used femmed seeds not sure if that would make a difference. Also with bagseed I vegged for 4weeks with no sex shown. I figured by 8week you may have something but again the environment and health/vigor of plant plays a role here. When do you plan on flowering them?? Wish you the best and hope this helps.

see this is where i get confused.. they have been growning 8 weeks now. so that leads to my now new question. when i started i had less light. for about 4 weeks i had just a 2 bulb set up, the plants where not really growing too big,, so when should i be judging my time. from the star, or from the change to way better lighting?

i would like to have them flowered and ready for harvest yesterday.. but honestly i though i would or should be in the flower stage by now. i have to plants that are way bigger then the other 3. (and please bare with me i suck with english arts.) the seeds came from bud. good bud just just happen to have been a little pollened. i started the seed right into soil i never germated them first. sproted really fast..

my orginal plan was to harvest in june. figure jan to may 24 weeks would be the time frame now i am taking 2nd guesses.. my grow cloest is buget along with everything else.. i just dont want to end up with seeded buds
and just clone out the females after i know there are no males

Ok, if I wanted to harvest in June I would flip the switch to 12light and 12dark now, and they should start flowering very soon and then you can start counting your flowering weeks. This should give you all of April and May to flower with an early June harvest depending on development of your strain/trichome development. Once you determine males remove them from your flowering room/area upon discovery. What type and how much nutes are you feeding them now? Is it possible for you to share a full photo of your potential ladies?:peace:

i would like to have them flowered and ready for harvest yesterday.. but honestly i though i would or should be in the flower stage by now. i have to plants that are way bigger then the other 3. (and please bare with me i suck with english arts.) the seeds came from bud. good bud just just happen to have been a little pollened. i started the seed right into soil i never germated them first. sproted really fast..

my orginal plan was to harvest in june. figure jan to may 24 weeks would be the time frame now i am taking 2nd guesses.. my grow cloest is buget along with everything else.. i just dont want to end up with seeded buds
and just clone out the females after i know there are no males

Well, the problem is that most of the timetables are based upon "ideal conditions". I took some clones off my girls when they first went into flower, which was 7 weeks ago. Those clones have NOT had ideal conditions and I've been veging them out with a 17 watt T-8 and putting them in front of a sliding glass window when I can. The results being that they are about what I would expect out of 3-4 weeks under 200 watts of CFL's, except not near as bushy. So, the short answer is, they will pull up their skirts when they're ready.

I would have really liked to be finishing the cure on my current grow, but the reality is I'm 15 weeks into a grow and probably have 1-3 more weeks to go until harvest. There isn't a thing I can do to make my plants finish earlier at this point. I can take what I've learned from this grow and hopefully apply it in a way that makes my next attempt more productive. On the other hand, I could do all sorts of thing to prolong or diminish the return of the grow that I already have over three months invensted in. This is the simple reality of the situation. Accept it, get your plants some better light and wait until they show sex.

DSCN21552.JPG
DSCN21532.JPG

there are some of my plants showing there female this is about 2 weeks into flower gives you an idea what your looking for

now i feel bad about my babys joker lol..
canabinerd that pretty much how these current plants started t-8 2 0f them a grow one (kinda purple, a light bulb and a regular t-8 about 4 weeks into the grow i changed everything. including closets and pots.. went from seed starters to solo cup to a 2/3 fill on a 5 gallon pot, with 3'' of lava rock and stone at the bottom.. a 3 gallon pot filled 2/3s with 2;; of lavarock and gravel at the bottom these too plants are 1 and 2.. the other 3 much sorter ones are in 1 gallon pots with 1'' of stone at the bottom.. for soil its just plain soil (no Name) which said on the bag "cant over water". when i went to the current pot setup i also got a new light. a 6 bulb ho t-5 set up currently only 4 blubs in it.. its pretty bright in there so i would say 6500k. i will post pics of my grow. as i am kinda embarrassed of it after looking at others..

HighBrix1212 i am feeding them water.. i was told i should get this and that.. i was told along time ago to use triple 19 fertilizer 19 19 19
i was told recent some kind of dryed fish.. still working on getting something. (no cash) all add pic for you..

i might be able to get better ones i got a great cam but the area is so small. these where taking yesterday no today plant 1 is starting to look like 2 i think today but it also looks like it has balls

thank you all for your help you guys have no idea how much i appreciate it

where did you get the seeds from are they feminized or regular seeds from a seed bank. or are they " bag seeds " that you have gotten from nugs or another source? if plant 1 is showing both sexes it could mean its a hermie which arent totally bad if there predominantly female but if they have lots of nuts id give em the chop cause they will make all your female plants produce alot of seedy bud. if you can get closer pictures of the nodes where the preflowers are growing from then it would be alot easier to tell. usually males will show there sex a bit later then females as well

i will take better pics now.. these are "bag seeds" but not from a herm plant. i guess there was a pollination some how and it was just one batch the new batch was not a herm. but they are bag seeds. they sproted quickly i just planted them in dirty i never even germatied them.. i had sprots a day later it was shocking to me which then lead me to belive they would grow and harvest fast.. ill add pics of the set up as well

heres some new pics from today i tryed to contrait on the nods.. some times i would get a good pic but too blown out,, i have a shacken problem and hard to hold the cam focused with out shaking.. am also going to half to guess in which plant is which.. i have yet to get right yet so things are still all over the place but thank you for bareing with me. side note i checked the bulbs there 41ook

setup buget all the way got a small fan for a light brezze i keep a gallon of water in there so its at same temp. got the light for free so it only 2/3 work

It shouldn't be a problem to base timetables on "ideal conditions" as at the least that's what we should strive for if perfection is out of reach at the time. With the clones you're right low light will have your plants grow slower than normal pace under sufficient lighting. This can be used to slow things down until your main flower or veg room is available for more robust growth. The great thing about your situation is you learned that your plants will still survive with low light and grow into healthy lil monsters later. Now keep in mind if you veg your girls out and wait for them to show sex, hopefully you have ROOM in the flower room for that or did some other training to your girl since she potentially will double or more in size. I would love to veg mine out that long the yield would be great!! Kudos to you canabinerd, thats the natural way to do it.:thumb:

Well, the problem is that most of the timetables are based upon "ideal conditions". I took some clones off my girls when they first went into flower, which was 7 weeks ago. Those clones have NOT had ideal conditions and I've been veging them out with a 17 watt T-8 and putting them in front of a sliding glass window when I can. The results being that they are about what I would expect out of 3-4 weeks under 200 watts of CFL's, except not near as bushy. So, the short answer is, they will pull up their skirts when they're ready.

I would have really liked to be finishing the cure on my current grow, but the reality is I'm 15 weeks into a grow and probably have 1-3 more weeks to go until harvest. There isn't a thing I can do to make my plants finish earlier at this point. I can take what I've learned from this grow and hopefully apply it in a way that makes my next attempt more productive. On the other hand, I could do all sorts of thing to prolong or diminish the return of the grow that I already have over three months invensted in. This is the simple reality of the situation. Accept it, get your plants some better light and wait until they show sex.

I meant to include that ideal conditions can still grow some very nice medicine. Sometimes for me its tough to keep it ideal:cheesygrinsmiley: but I manage. Can't wait to be able to dial in the perfect environment. With the TLC we provide our ladies that makes up for a little less than perfection in other areas. I hope...

Hey Audio, JokerJohn is on the money with what I'm thinking too. Even if it's a hermie you don't want it with your other females it should still be able to pollinate if left in with the other ladies. my 2cents...

Back
Top Bottom