Newbie! First grow - Am I ready to harvest?

Petemitchell2

420 Member
I have fruity pebble‘s, purple haze and Chernobyl. They are in Ocean Forest, using Fox Farm full nutrients and following their schedule. They are under 3000 W of LED full spectrum. They are from clones. The pistols are all turning brown and orange, they have thick heavy sticky buds and are drastically leaning over if I don’t support them. I used a jewelers loop and my cell phone to zoom in and get very close pictures. The trichome are showing that they are all milky white and quite a few are brown. My understanding is I should be flushing and keeping in dark for 48. My confusion is, I have four weeks left in the Fox Farm schedule. Do I just ignore that and go through the harvesting process or continue with four weeks more of feeding? Thanks for your help!

Pictures would help judge how close they are but, based on your description, it would be fine to start flushing.

I recommend taking small samples every couple of days - just enough for a bong hit or two, and start testing. Some people like different "effects". The longer you let it go, the more "couch-lock" you'll get. When it's where you like it, go ahead and harvest. Make a note on the total number of days in flower and you'll know when to harvest the next time you grow that strain. :goodluck:

:Namaste:

K

I'm no expert but I've read that the drying and curing process changes the effects, so would taking samples really be a good way to go about it? I know that the smoking experience would be different between fresh and final product but not 100% about the effect part

I'm no expert but I've read that the drying and curing process changes the effects, so would taking samples really be a good way to go about it? I know that the smoking experience would be different between fresh and final product but not 100% about the effect part

The samples get quick-dried and not cured, so the buds will be harsh and smell like grass clippings from the lawn, but the effect will be the same as they will with a proper dry & cure.

With a proper dry & cure, the smoke will "smooth out" and the terpines will develop, giving it a better smell (fresh buds smell like grass/hay!) and flavor.

I have fruity pebble‘s, purple haze and Chernobyl. They are in Ocean Forest, using Fox Farm full nutrients and following their schedule. They are under 3000 W of LED full spectrum. They are from clones. The pistols are all turning brown and orange, they have thick heavy sticky buds and are drastically leaning over if I don’t support them. I used a jewelers loop and my cell phone to zoom in and get very close pictures. The trichome are showing that they are all milky white and quite a few are brown. My understanding is I should be flushing and keeping in dark for 48. My confusion is, I have four weeks left in the Fox Farm schedule. Do I just ignore that and go through the harvesting process or continue with four weeks more of feeding? Thanks for your help!
The samples get quick-dried and not cured, so the buds will be harsh and smell like grass clippings from the lawn, but the effect will be the same as they will with a proper dry & cure.

With a proper dry & cure, the smoke will "smooth out" and the terpines will develop, giving it a better smell (fresh buds smell like grass/hay!) and flavor.
i made a folder of pictures can you see it?

Pictures would help judge how close they are but, based on your description, it would be fine to start flushing.

I recommend taking small samples every couple of days - just enough for a bong hit or two, and start testing. Some people like different "effects". The longer you let it go, the more "couch-lock" you'll get. When it's where you like it, go ahead and harvest. Make a note on the total number of days in flower and you'll know when to harvest the next time you grow that strain. :goodluck:

:Namaste:

K

Be careful judging trichs by leaf pics, leaves degrade much faster than buds do

From the far away pics I'd say she needs more time, maybe post a iser pic of a bud

Very nice job for a first grow! :bravo:

You're definitely within the "harvest window" so I'd start flushing and sampling (lower buds - not the main cola's yet! :laugh:) and harvest when YOU think it's at its "peak" for you.
:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom