Newbie First Grow

mjones00

Hey-

As of today(10/12) I have started my first grow running 18on/6off. I have a 5x5x7 grow tent w/Mylar reflective linning,600 Watt MH/HPS dimmable balast,600 Watt Cool Tube Reflector,440 CFM fan w/speed controller and carbon filter. Right now during vegetation I am using a 600 Watt MH Digilux Bulb and Fox Farm Grow Big Nutes.For my first grow I am using regular seeds and Organic MG soil. I know the seeds and soil are not the best option, but I didn't want to spend another $300 on them and end up with a dead crop. I have my exotic seeds waiting for the next grow.So hopefully practice makes perfect. I am still a little confused on some of the components. I was wondering where the best place to put the fan (hang it, sit it on top of the carbon filter, in or outside the tent). I have attached some pictures of my first day. I am open to and would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Please give me all your advice and input. I look forward to showing off my little babies as they progress.

Untitled_0_00_41-27.jpg
Untitled_0_00_15-17.jpg
Untitled_0_00_24-29.jpg
Untitled_0_00_31-18.jpg
Untitled_0_00_09-12.jpg
Untitled_0_00_10-15.jpg
Untitled_0_00_11-20.jpg
Untitled_0_00_06-24.jpg

Video_1_0_00_25-09_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_00_19-06_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_00_14-25_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_01_31-30_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_00_44-08_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_00_35-24_2_.jpg
Video_1_0_00_30-05_2_.jpg

Plants are progressing well at three and a half weeks....done a little trimming to the undergrowth......feeding nutes...everything seems to be fine....anyone have any tips on foilage feeding???

I'm a first timer as well. It looks like you've got an ambitious and successful grow on your hands. I'm starting out with "regular" bag seeds like you, so I don't burn through the $180 it cost to get them shipped from Amsterdam...if in fact they arrive.

I think it would be fun to play "What the Hell Did I Grow?" If I get anything going before the White Widows arrive, I'll be posting close-ups of buds and a microscopic picture of the trichomes (I hope).

I'm guessing you have an Indica strain? Is this for medical, recreational or both?

Hey MJones, Nice looking grow! I don't really have any tips for you as I am a new inside grower myself, but it looks like you are off to a good start. Good luck. I'll check in from time to time, see if any of those bag beans gave you any females.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom