Newbie Grower in Need of Assistance

AcexofxHaze

Hey, I'm trying to grow my first plant because it would be somethin to keep me inside and out of trouble. My mother doesn't mind becuase we both smoke together. I wanted to know where is the best place to purchase my seeds and what I need to grow my plant. Thanks for the Assistance. Happy 420!

Hey,Hey,Hey. Smoke Weed Everday.
o Dave Chappelle

Seeds

Hey, I'm trying to grow my first plant because it would be somethin to keep me inside and out of trouble. My mother doesn't mind becuase we both smoke together. I wanted to know where is the best place to purchase my seeds and what I need to grow my plant. Thanks for the Assistance. Happy 420!

Hey,Hey,Hey. Smoke Weed Everday.
o Dave Chappelle
Check here> Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE I read good things in the forums about Attitude Seed Bank.

ive been doin this for 10 to 12 yrs now. i still learn everyday. its reall not fun! quite the pain in the dairy air!
seeds- find others with good experiences with the co you like
supplies- just about anything will work. BUT the better you put in the better you get out.
ORGANIC is the only way to go! taste, smell, look, you can not beat the entire package. the cost is not fun! well worth the effort though!
make sure you get quality gennetics!!!! can stress enough! no bag seed youll regret it.
love and attention goes a long way. dont top it bend it gently and let it staaighten back before you bend it again. lots of air just not to much to damage the leaf or topple the plant. love and attention, training, everything together works wow!!!
peace
ps dont water to much the plant likes to dry out!
measure the water by weight! its quite easy. the plant will be very light when it needs water.

Ace,
IMO, I would suggest going to a despensary and buying one or two clones, to start with. Depending on where you are, one clone can cost you between 10.00 and 25.00 bucks. Raise them first, to get an idea of which strain(s) you want to grow and which will best fit the system and area you wish to use to grow in.

This is more economical, IMO than buying a pack of 10 seeds, plus postage from over-seas and later finding out the strain does not fit your needs or your system. With clones, you can get an idea of how to modify your grow area, over time instead of running out and draining out your bank account, straight off..

In my own experience, I had to lose a lot of plants before I finally got to where I could finally get a few to thrive in the environment I built; and modified over time.. I found that even w/ 10 clones at 15.00 bucks, was a lot cheaper than buying two packages of seeds, which would have cost me over 200.00. Then if you decide to expand, you can reach out and start cloning your favorite strain(s) and further reduce your costs and start working towards a more steady flow of havestable plants.

Camaro had some good tips for you to look at, as well.. But realize that your first grows, will most likely be done as experiments rather than a production effort. That is until you get your system "Dialed in."

i have had very good luck with attitude seedbank . quick delivery,great seeds good weed, i have grown hawaiian snow ,master kush , northern lights ,blue mystic, blueberry,and violator kush all tured out great . but you know about opinions ! good luck on what ever your choice is .

i think the idea of getting clones is better than seeds,,, because you know what you're getting.. all you need is one friend to give or sell you a clone.. but BEFORE i did any growing i'd check this out,,, alot of good reading here!

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

good luck......

You Don't Always Know What You're Gettin w/Clones

i think the idea of getting clones is better than seeds,,, because you know what you're getting.. all you need is one friend to give or sell you a clone.
U really dont know what ur getting with clones. U know what ur told ur getting. I've gotten clones from the club that were said to be resistant to PM. They were the first ones to show symptoms . That was a strain called Odessey, from Coffee Shop Blue Skky, a reputable club in Oaksterdam, CA. Then people mislabel them (at work high) or mix them up and tell u one strain is another (not paying attention). U won't know for like 60-90 days (til bloom is over and even then u have to know the traits of that strain). Got other stories too but u get the point.

Re: You Don't Always Know What You're Gettin w/Clones

U really dont know what ur getting with clones. U know what ur told ur getting. I've gotten clones from the club that were said to be resistant to PM. They were the first ones to show symptoms . That was a strain called Odessey, from Coffee Shop Blue Skky, a reputable club in Oaksterdam, CA. Then people mislabel them (at work high) or mix them up and tell u one strain is another (not paying attention). U won't know for like 60-90 days (til bloom is over and even then u have to know the traits of that strain). Got other stories too but u get the point.

i guess i've just been lucky..... but i'd still rather get a clone from a friend, but then, i trust MY friends....

I did bagseed my first few grows till I got he hang of it. You can get pretty good shit from pretty much any seed if you grow it right. But if you really want a seedbank try attitude.

I truly don't know where to start at all.
I need to know everything there is about growing clones the hole nine yards
what type of veg lights to use and how long should I use them. so many of people have told me a million ways and they all claim to be growers but they mess their grow up, but won't to tell me how to grow mine. Its just like the blind leading the blind, and they both fell straight head first in the ditch. I was online last night and checking out different sites on how to grow clone and 420 came up
so 420 here I am needing your help how to pull this off and make it right.

Anthony,

When I first started growing, I went to home depot and got a few halogen lamps that allowed me to get 500 watts of lighting each, and started with clones..

If you can get seeds great, but clones are pretty inexpensive(about 10 to 20 bucks) and if they die, you are not really out much.. Go to a local Hydro shop and start asking questions.. Most hydro shops will also have classes you can get into, to ask general questions about growing plants. (some will ban you if you mention marijuana plants) But the gest of the conversations will include marijuana plant growing.. Be sure you ask about nutrients and topping of plants while in the workshops.

My first grow cost me about 200.00 bucks, including plants, lights, nutrients and some misc. small items like ph testers..

Be prepared to lose a bunch of plants, at first. But use this time to learn where you might have made mistakes. It will go a long way in future grows.
Seeds are the best approach, if you can find them around locally.. Don't go out and spend 100's of dollars for 10 seeds, to later lose the plants; it does not pay and you will get frustrated..

Now I know this info is based on my experiences, and may not be the experiences of the majority of others here in this forum, but In over a year I have only spend about 400.00 bucks using seeds found locally and clones purchased from mmj clinics.

Once you get a decent amount of plants up to the veg. stage, you can start experimenting with cloning. (Again, ask for advise on different methods here on this forum, at hydro shops and youtube videos., they provided me with some very helpful tips.:=}...

Now, I am probably at a minority here, but I built most of my systems from stuff laying around the house, which helped with the limited finances. A 92 qt storage tote, an inexpensive air pump, air stone, and a drill made a fantastic cloner, with approx. 24 plant sites... As the plants grew, 5 gallon buckets and some net pots were easily fashioned into a ebb & flow system for vegging my plants.

When my plants got big enough to go into pots, I moved them and waited a week or so, and then started pulling clones off of them, to go into the cloner I built.... I also have had great luck, starting my seedlings out in the cloner as well..

This should get you started..
:tokin:

I'm looking to put about 800 too 900 bucks in this. far as the seeds go I went on line to cannabisseeds.com and spent 87 bucks and still have not receive them as of yet. so ordering anything over the internet is out of the question for me. thats why I had to getz
the clones. but any way crazyg thanks a million for the information player.

ever see your mom start a new plant a house plant?
i grew up with all my relatives doin this. every house had a jar with houseplant cuttings in it. just waitin for them to root. very low tech and ill be darn it worked for me. i did nothin but keep the jar full of water!
id practice practice till i could get a method down i like befor going and spending alot of money on somethin i didnt understand. everyones different! growin inside is very different than outside!! i thought it was a weed and id hav trouble keepin it in line. not growin to much. right! the first few yrs was very telling. my knowlege of the growin aspect of life sucked. i thought i was ok at it to. my yard always looks nice, plush and green. healthy trees and now a garden from the gods.
the best of luck to you.
do your homework and find the right system for you! you will thank yourself many times for your patients. getting sucked in is easy always try and make the best choice for the end result, your preferance and your wallet!
the rest will fall into place with the proper knowlege and care.

I feel your pain anthony, i just cant bring myself to purchase seeds from some company overseas either...And it doesn't seem there are many US banks that will ship to non medical states like mine....But ima keep digging around til i find something and be ready for next spring

I did bagseed my first few grows till I got he hang of it. You can get pretty good shit from pretty much any seed if you grow it right. But if you really want a seedbank try attitude.

hm, you wont be able to grow good weed from shit seeds
someones been lucky! bag seed is good to practice with. for a quality end result, quality gennetics will never fail you!
there has been absolutly "0" comparison between bag seed and quality seed.
i to have a tough time buyin seeds. ive learned ow to make my own and even make female ones without chem. i love organic and thats alls i do. been doin it for 8 to 10 yrs. grow some of the badest lookin buds ive ever seen.
i knew what i was doin and could grow a monster from bag seed, it was still crap. the size and look mean nothin if you dont know how it was made. ie parennts of seed. its all in the gennetics and nothin else. the method used to grow could enhance or hurt the plant. if you are serious about the cannabis plant and have a medical need. i can help. whom lives on I - 80 from west Utah state line to the sanfran bay? sorry but this is misleading!
peace all

I feel your pain anthony, i just cant bring myself to purchase seeds from some company overseas either...And it doesn't seem there are many US banks that will ship to non medical states like mine....But ima keep digging around til i find something and be ready for next spring

next spring!
sorry to hear
wish i knew more of you folks and lived closer. i could help!

next spring!
sorry to hear
wish i knew more of you folks and lived closer. i could help!

I had a backup plan, and I agree 100% its all genetics....With that being said lol..I had several seeds from some really nice high grade commercial pot...I just love guerilla growing so i am going to sow as many of those as I can and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom