Newbies guide to cloning?

StonyGeoff

Hey all :cheesygrinsmiley: Just wondering if someone can please point me in the direction of a newbies guide to cloning if such a place exists within 420! Or failing that can anybody give me some tips on what to do with my clones when I get them, how to prepare for them, what materials I'll need etc.
I know the clones I'm picking up are apparently rooted clones, and they'll be going into a medium which consists of half perlite and half soil. The soil is a home-made cocktail supplied by one of my grower/smoker buddies, contains work castings, compost, topsoil and some other bits and pieces, some look like other animal faeces and such. I'm pretty sure the clones will be coming in a rockwool cube or seomthing similar, but I'm not 100% on that. If that's the case, can I just go ahead and chuck them into my medium with some water with the lights on 18/6 and I should be right? Do I need a humidity tent even though they are apparently rooted already? Sorry but I'm still a full on newbie to growing and I know even less about cloning LOL

Thank you in advance :)

When it comes to rooting clones in rockwool you can actually just put the rockwool cube and the clone itself into the soil. Once they go into soil I would give them some Nitrogen to keep them growing, but not too much since they are still young. This homeade soil your friend supposedly made sounds like garbage to me. Animal feces? Thats deffinately not good. I suggest you go buy some good soil.

LOL tbh I actually have NO idea what my friend puts in his soil, I will have to ask him next time I see him. I dont see why he'd give me garbage soil, he's supplying me with the clones and a few other items I know I'll need, plus I've been smoking with him for over 5 years now. All I'm saying is I trust him ;) If his stuff is crap, which I have no way of knowing till I either try it, or better yet I'll find out the ingredients and post it up here, see what you guys think! But yeah if it's s**t I'll just stick to my original plan and go for shabangs suggested medium, 40% worm castings, 30% perlite, 30% vermiculite.

That's great news about the clones though, I cant wait :cheesygrinsmiley: they'll be here on Saturday! Thank you for the advice StonerGrower. PS, let's say it turns out to be animal faeces in there, I would've thought that'd be good for supplying nutrients to the plant, am I on the right track here?

Cheers

I've confirmation that the soil my mate made himself contains mostly worm castings, plus a bit of compost that he's been working on for the last few years. NO animal faeces. His compost heap is just vegetable scraps and various other plant remains if I'm correct, he assures me it's good stuff!

PS, my original question about cloning can be answered here What Is A Flowering Clone?

Back
Top Bottom