Newbie - Looking for advice

t2ok

Hi guys!

I'm about to start my indoor grow with a 60x60x160cm (2'x2'x5' aprox) grow tent and every minute that goes by I'm changing the lights that I'm about to put in my tent. I have almost everything to start but my lights.

SO... I'm sure that using HID lights are better for yield and perform better that some other lights and I have seen in many places this rule HID>LED>CFL. I'm completely ruling LED out because I have not found a LED light that really convinces me locally and they are pricey, so I might not be having the best results.

I have a friend with the same tent, 250W HID light and he has had his plants burned some times, he then bought a cooltube and has performed better, this is really what worries me the worst, the heat. I live in a country where summer can be very harsh and I live in an apartment that faces west and rooms between 3pm and 9pm get really hot, the tent will we in a room facing this side too.

I'm thinking 3 plants tops!

I have many setups that I have thought I will put them here so please your input will be very appreciated.

1) 150W HID setup, MH/HPS only with 6 inch fans putting hot air out
2) 150W HID setup, MH/HPS with maybe 2, 30W CFL around plants, only with 6 inch fans putting hot air out.
3) 8 to 9, 30W CFL lights and 6 inch fan putting hot air out.

I really like numer 2 and believe this is the best because of the more the light the better but as I said I'm worried about heat. Should I buy a cooltube also?

This post assumes that there is air coming into the tent with another fan, and also an inside fan to simulate wind and circulate air.

Thank you guys, I know a lot of people has made similar questions.

I am not much of an expert. I only have two grows done and one going now. My first 2 were with CFLs. They did ok. The second better then the first (learning curve). I got a little over 1/2 oz per plant.

Now I have 2 Mars II 400, one for my veg closet (2x2x4') and one for my flower closet (2x3x6'). The plants that I am growing now are thriving under the LEDs. I am hoping for 2+ oz per plant using the new lights and my improved growing skills.

You can see some pictures in my journal here.

Good luck.

Supergroomer:peace:

I am not much of an expert. I only have two grows done and one going now. My first 2 were with CFLs. They did ok. The second better then the first (learning curve). I got a little over 1/2 oz per plant.

Now I have 2 Mars II 400, one for my veg closet (2x2x4') and one for my flower closet (2x3x6'). The plants that I am growing now are thriving under the LEDs. I am hoping for 2+ oz per plant using the new lights and my improved growing skills.

You can see some pictures in my journal here.

Good luck.

Supergroomer:peace:

Thank you, I saw your latest journal and it seems to be going nice!

At the moment I will move away from LED as I said in my first post, I have been researching and researching and I believe the 150W lamp is better for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom