Newbie - Please Help - Photo Attached

johnny_b_good

Hello all. I'm a new grower. Attached is a photo of 2 plants that may have problems. i was hoping someone w/ experience could help.

Here's my setup.
Soil
Indoor grow
Plants are about 4 inches tall (3 weeks old)
6" containers
Soil is STA GREEN container mix, does have some fert built in, but very little, .09, .13, .07
Water once a week (Tap water, sitting out for 24 hours)
Not using fert yet, was going to start during week 4
4-40watt warm white flour.
growing space, 2' x 4'
temp. is high at night when door is shut, prob. 80-90. Rest of day is 75
no insects, i think
first time grower
2 problems, some leaves are curling, some have little yellow spots, w/ darker brown spots in middle - see the attached picture

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

plants3weeks.jpg

Plants are between 1 - 4" away from lights (depending on the height of the plant).

Do you think it's heat stress?

I appreciate the help.

Have got any air circulation like a fan or something, that should get your nite temp down a bit and move your light up to about 5" or 6".

And as SmokeyMacPot said it may be nute diffenceys. try adding mild veg ferts.

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate the help.

To answer some of your questions,
the strain is Skunk #1
also, I checked, the heat goes up to 85° at night. that's as hot as it gets under the lights.
as far as ventilation, aside from 8 hours a night, the door is left open, so the temp goes down to 80° with plenty of fresh air.

I will add a small fan to help keep the temp down at night and i'll start using a 10 10 10 fert in a few days.

side note, the plant w/ the damaged leaves seems to be doing fine. it's still growing new leaves all the time, all healthy looking. i was afraid it was the soil which would be tough to fix. heat i can deal with

is the curly leaves normal for skunk?

thanks guys!!!

you said you were using tap water if you have a water softener that could be the problem or if you just have city water there could be a high chlorine level in it which is causeing a chemical imbalance in them

Back
Top Bottom