Is my plant dying?

Hey guys, so I just joined this community because I think I have a big problem with my plant, it is in flowering stage ( ~3 weeks), I got her from a friend's friend about 2 weeks ago, so I don't know precisely how she was treated, but no fert was used almost for sure. About 1 week ago the plant just started to get dark spots and kinda dying, I ferted her 4 days ago and saw no changes, after some research I thought it was magnesium deficiency, so yesterday I ferted her again with my friends fert (Wich contains magnesium, calcium, etc. mine has only N.P and K). Anyway, here are the photos, any help will be welcome, thanks!

IMG_20210704_125549755.jpg

IMG_20210704_125544444.jpg

IMG_20210704_125536462.jpg

IMG_20210704_125530685.jpg

IMG_20210704_125524836.jpg

Hi @Steve the bastard
The pot is very small, also looks slightly overwatered
P def - purple stems: K def - brown spots: N def - pale leaves: curled leaves - possibly overwatering
Looks like deficiency of nutes for sure - a shot or two of PK/CalMag will help and check the pH is not too far off 6.3-6.5
You don't need much N at this stage but she is struggling, so a little won't hurt to perk her up
3 weeks in there is still time to pot up with fresh soil - think that's what I'd try
If you don't want to risk a transplant, just setting the whole pot on/in some fresh soil allows roots to grow through the drainage holes into the fresh soil
Hope that helps and good luck

Hi @Steve the bastard
The pot is very small, also looks slightly overwatered
P def - purple stems: K def - brown spots: N def - pale leaves: curled leaves - possibly overwatering
Looks like deficiency of nutes for sure - a shot or two of PK/CalMag will help and check the pH is not too far off 6.3-6.5
You don't need much N at this stage but she is struggling, so a little won't hurt to perk her up
3 weeks in there is still time to pot up with fresh soil - think that's what I'd try
If you don't want to risk a transplant, just setting the whole pot on/in some fresh soil allows roots to grow through the drainage holes into the fresh soil
Hope that helps and good luck
Okay, so basically it need more fertilizer right? How can I precisely put it on the plant? I have an N, P and K fetililizer but it doesn't have the other nutrients, so I don't know exactly what to feed the plant, do you have some advise? Also, pot her up would help? I don't wanna risk it but it's already in risk so, anything to help would be nice

Okay, so basically it need more fertilizer right? How can I precisely put it on the plant? I have an N, P and K fetililizer but it doesn't have the other nutrients, so I don't know exactly what to feed the plant, do you have some advise? Also, pot her up would help? I don't wanna risk it but it's already in risk so, anything to help would be nice
You'll have to do some looking around but you will find many complete ferts with higher P/K ratio and often seaweed extract for micronutrients and humic acid etc such as bog standard cheap tomato feed, but read the label!
Find something like NPK 1-4-3 equivalent etc to promote flowering and feed the roots
Bear in mind that roots won't absorb any nutes properly anyway if it's too wet or pH is way out
It might be easier to try potting up in fresh compost - as you say, you've not much to lose either way

Okay, so what would be the bad consequences of potting her up? Does it offer a strong stress to the plant or something? And I have a fertilizer I bought for them, one for veg and one for bloom (bloom fert = (pls don't mind I'm Brazilian translating everything) organic carbon - 7.4% (92.94gr/L) nitrogen - 4%, P2O5 - 7%, K2O - 8%) will it help me at all? Or I need more stuff?

Okay, so what would be the bad consequences of potting her up? Does it offer a strong stress to the plant or something? And I have a fertilizer I bought for them, one for veg and one for bloom (bloom fert = (pls don't mind I'm Brazilian translating everything) organic carbon - 7.4% (92.94gr/L) nitrogen - 4%, P2O5 - 7%, K2O - 8%) will it help me at all? Or I need more stuff?
No real bad consequences, it will slow flowering just a little but you will get better results in the end
NPK 4-7-8 is OK, but investing some CalMag (Ca/Mg) would be very good too, but not essential

No real bad consequences, it will slow flowering just a little but you will get better results in the end
NPK 4-7-8 is OK, but investing some CalMag (Ca/Mg) would be very good too, but not essential
Nice! Is that a home made way to feed her Cal/mag? Anyway that's for the attention, I really appreciate this cause I'm a new grower.
I will keep you guys updated bout the plant and what I'll do with her, my thoughts are: I will pot her up or put the pot in a bigger pot as you said, and the wait for the roots to come out via the draining holes, (btw i can already see some root in the hole) and I need to make sure I feed her enough fertilizer, but not overfert it (thats my main concern)

Nice! Is that a home made way to feed her Cal/mag? Anyway that's for the attention, I really appreciate this cause I'm a new grower.
I will keep you guys updated bout the plant and what I'll do with her, my thoughts are: I will pot her up or put the pot in a bigger pot as you said, and the wait for the roots to come out via the draining holes, (btw i can already see some root in the hole) and I need to make sure I feed her enough fertilizer, but not overfert it (thats my main concern)
250ml CalMag is cheap and you only need a drop or two at a time - and it works very quickly
A 5ml pipette is a good way to make sure you measure any nutrients accurately so you don't overdo it
Let it dry out a bit between waterings so the roots can get some Oxygen - that's another reason the roots would flourish with access to fresh soil/compost
Boa sorte (obrigado Google :cool: )

250ml CalMag is cheap and you only need a drop or two at a time - and it works very quickly
A 5ml pipette is a good way to make sure you measure any nutrients accurately so you don't overdo it
Let it dry out a bit between waterings so the roots can get some Oxygen - that's another reason the roots would flourish with access to fresh soil/compost
Boa sorte (obrigado Google :cool: )
Well, thanks for everything! I will buy CalMag and put it in the soil. One las question: what can I expect? If the plant gets better it'll like do the opposite way (leaves getting heathier), they'll fall? I want to know how the plant gets better which signs it gives.

And thank you for knowing Brazilians speak Portuguese and not Spanish, that's kinda rare lol.

Okay guys, it's been 7 days since the last post, I potted her up about 5 days ago and notice some differences, the leaves are now kinda black and some other leaves are dying, it's not better but no worse than 7 days ago, just different, do you guys know that this is?

IMG-20210711-WA0044.jpeg

In order to understand the way to stop the trend of leaf death that's plaguing your plants, you're getting to first got to know which of the highest three causes is at fault. Is the pH level within the roots imbalanced?
Have you been over or under watering your marijuana plants? Are there nutrient toxicities or deficiencies that are causing the problem? These are all questions you would like to ask yourself when trying to understand the way to fix the matter .

Back
Top Bottom