Yellowing that led to death on last starting on next

Electricthom

I need ideas on what I can do to save this plant. I had an issue a week or two ago where a plant turned yellow from the bottom up and died. The consensus on site was N deficiency. So I added Nitrate 2 TBSP/Gal to the water for her and the others in hopes of prevention. Sadly she was too far gone. I am in 2 Liter coco hempy's with a time release fert w/micros (for this run only!), I PH the water/SuperThrive to 5.8 and calibrate meter before every use. N def. show with this fert at 3 weeks into flower as I learned from Smokzalot's "2Ltr hempy KISS". It has been a week and now my next one is turning at 17 days into flower. This girl showed 1.5 wks ago and went from 11" on 6/25 to 29" today 7/8, that's 18" in 13 days. I water when dry and she is taking water every day. I have still been adding the nitrate at 1 TBSP/gal but she is yellowing anyway. Should I go back up to 2 TBSP? These are the worst two leaves but there are already 3-5 others, all low on plant.
IMAG06183.jpg
IMAG06153.jpg
IMAG06143.jpg

What other def. would cause this. Maybe Potassium? The little leaf is starting to get some small brown spots. I use well water so have not added any cal/mag, I thought the hard water would be enough but just read that it may be needed when using coco at least early on. I would just like to make it through to the end with a plant once without killing her, LOL. :peace:

Hmm. Are you sure this plant will die? When I was at your stage in my last grow, I had Fan leaves do just what you have here. Most will yellow and fall off in the last days before harvest. How about the little bud leaves? Are they yellowing to or just the fans? Also, I have had yellow leaves in Veg when I over watered so I bough a meter to tell soil moisture. I found that I was watering too much...Good Luck, I hope she makes it another week to harveast.

Hey HWW, I am watching the water that's how I toasted the last one, but she far from harvest, at 17 days of 12/12 buds are just starting and kind of tiny. It was the last plant I harvested at 7 weeks when no leaves were left on her. Here it is just starting and it is on lowest fans and small fans on lowest branches only so far. The last one I killed fixing the N, but this time just need to avoid over water and def. of last time. I am hoping to be pro-active here and fix it before it gets bad. I have already purchased three part liquid nutes for ALL future plants. Thanks, :peace:

I would be more inclined to get a suitable nutrient solution advertised for use with coco !

I'm aware that coco does strip/block certain nutrients which i believe to be Mg - magnesium & Ca - calcium from the growing medium, not that you exibits these symptoms yet...

On a side note, the yellowing may be a sulphur defeciency which is classed as a (mobile) macro nutrient nutrient which happens to closely resemble nitrogen defeciency, worth looking into tho.

On a side note, the yellowing may be a sulphur defeciency which is classed as a (mobile) macro nutrient nutrient which happens to closely resemble nitrogen defeciency, worth looking into tho.

Sulfur is immoblie

Testes show that its the olders leaves yellowing ind lack of S.. younger on nitrogen deficiency

It was suggested that they are starving to death in the crappy fert. I gave them 1/4 strength Gro/Micro/bloom. That was it gets P and K but also mag and sulfur. I think she outgrew the amount of ferts released by the MG+. the last grew a inch+ a day then stopped and yellowed and dried up. this girl was 11" on the 25 and hit 31" today. No new yellowing noticeable since the feed. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I caught it and fixed it in time. :peace:

Hey guys, well sound like you may have caught any probs in time!! My lil one was given a light dose of nutes a week ago, but it was too early i think i burnt her first single bladed leaf a bit. I flushed and she seems ok now, and her growth is getting better. Tho stoopid me decided to give a really weak dose of nutes last nite due to her extra growth, and i hope its nothing but i think i can see some slight discoloration coming thru the nxt set of leaves. so i half flushed again today.. When will i learn?? Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Yeah Smokem i think I may have solved it. Not enough food and too much water(which is hard to do in a hempy) killed the first one. With the feeding I just gave this one, I burnt her tips a little at first but the yellowing isn't getting any worse only on the three largest fan leaves. On to 3 part liquid nutes from now on and this problem shouldn't be see again. She is finally slowing down at 31.5" mark only .5" growth last 24hrs. Thanks for the advice. :peace:

Hey BS, No I haven't flushed with the time relase I didn't think it would do much. Until now I gave only water with SuperThrive PH'd to 5.8.

Well it would seem the yellow scourge has only been slowed a day or two by my efforts. The three yellowing leaves are all yellow and getting brown spots, and the next higher two sets of fans off main stem are turning. I am still giving the three part nutes at 1/4 strength of bloom row of the table. That is 1/4 tsp of FloraGro(2-1-6), 1/2 tsp FloraMicro(5-0-1) and 3/4 tsp FloraBloom( 0-5-4) and she is taking a good 1/3 of a 2liter bottle of water/nutes a day. Would a more veg table feed of 3/4 Gro, 1/2 Micro and 1/4 Bloom or transition feed of 1/2 tsp of each give more N for a week or two longer be better? Today marks her 21st day of 12/12. Some of the lowest smaller fans on the lowest branches are starting to look a little pale I too.
IMAG06803.jpg

IMAG06732.jpg

IMAG06711.jpg

IMAG06672.jpg

I have an outdoor plant doing the same thing. Funny though, The one 3 feet away has had the same treatment but is wayy green. They are White Widow Clones. I tried the piss mix'd with water yesterday..I hope that wasn't a joke. Lol.

OK not to worried by yesterdays minor yellow, I went down to water and She is wilted big time, more leaves are yellow and all are drooping. For the first day she is NOT dry and needed no water. This is exactly how it was on the last plant, she wilted, she stopped taking water, I tried a straight water flush, I tried N, and nothing helped her from here and she was dead in days or was dead then and took 4 days to dry up.
IMAG06824.jpg

IMAG06852.jpg
IMAG06832.jpg

IMAG06864.jpg

Damn, I woke up feeling good, and it lasted a whole 15 min. This plant is dying like the last, no Idea what I'm doing wrong, bad pain day, only one bud left to smoke, and not even enough cash to get a ice coffee until Monday.
Well, enough of my bitchin'.
The tent is as follows one dying, one burnt up taco leaf girl hanging on somehow, 4 deformed clones (only one has had any good growth), all in MG+, and two new clones with 3 part nutes only. I can only hope it is the nutes and the next ones will do better. Getting discouraged not getting one plant to harvest yet.:peace:

Damn Electricthom

I think u make it kinda hard on ur self..

I am in 2 Liter coco hempy's with a time release fert w/micros (for this run only!), I PH the water/SuperThrive to 5.8 and calibrate meter before every use

time release fert is ur killer i believe, this can't be controlled in anyway.

How often do u PH? Allow the PH to rise a bit over time(a week or so) making all the ferts available for u plants:reading420magazine:

Hey BS, No I haven't flushed with the time relase I didn't think it would do much. Until now I gave only water with SuperThrive PH'd to 5.8.

flush is important to wash away salt build up! salt builds make u plants unable to take up nuts.
also superthrive basically makes ur plant wanna take up more nuts.. if they can't the superthrive is only gonna contribute to fert defs.

If to make up what is/went wrong gonna take some more info.. did u run any grows before in this this setup?

Thanks BS, I am sure you are correct and I boned myself(not in a good way) using the MG+, never again. The clones from this girl are in straight coco and I am feeding GH 3 part. Two of the four clones went to flower today.
IMAG06884.jpg

So it would be two and a half to three weeks before I would see this problem on them. I have been feeding 1/2 tsp of FloraGro(2-1-6), 1/2 tsp FloraMicro(5-0-1) and 1/2 tsp FloraBloom( 0-5-4) to the clones and will increase after a few days in 12/12. The GH supplements are a little $$ so will try to get what I can as I go. I see people flushing once a week or every 5 or so feeds. How often do you recommend for me and do I use just straight PH'd water? I use town well water from the tap, with no chlorine or fluoride with a PH of 6.5-7.3 before adjustments or should I get RO water at least for the flushes.

This is my first shot at growing my meds, I've staggered the plants put to flower to try for havests every two weeks of 2 plants. I have a 12 flowering plant and 2.5 Oz dry medication limit in my state. The one smaller plant (20 inches) I've grown so far had nice bud growth and went farther along before she yellowed and it may have been normal before harvest stuff, but I chopped it in a panic to early(just over 6 weeks). Afterwards I found mostly clear trics once I got a scope. I hope with the GH nutes and flushing added to the schedule Things will turn around for the girls coming up. The one that died, and the dying one are from the same bag of crappy off the street weed(all I can afford) could it be genetic? If the clones go bad too I'll just sh*t. I do have one clone from the one plant that almost finished that is 5 days behind the big one but only 15" tall. She has crazy branching from accidental monster cropping, is dark green and has more and bigger buds than the 32 " yellow one. Strange plant she has 1,2,3,4 and 5 blade leaves on her but she is happy so far.
IMAG06874.jpg

:peace:

The one that died, and the dying one are from the same bag of crappy off the street weed(all I can afford) could it be genetic?

I dont't think is that, cannabis is a very easy plant to grow in the right environment.

As for the flushing..
Do flush as often as u like but be aware that u need to get air and nutrition to the roots also, so let the plants dry for air (or find some kinda way to get the medium or water oxygenated) before watering again.. and also u wanna make it so that ur plants get time to take up nutrition.. so now it up to u (and ur environment) to make this feed, air, flush- cycle run in the right way.. U get what iam saying?

maybe u are overwatering to?

And ur water is just fine i believe you don't need to RO

Back
Top Bottom