NFT type system with 4x4 vinyl fence posts

Trippy1

ok, new to the forum so sorry if im posting in the wrong section. im a semi-newbie, iv gotten through a couple small harvests, one with dwc and the other soil, both in my basement. im looking to build an NFT-type system with a 20 gallon rez and 2 or 3 vinyl 4''x4'' fence posts. Either 2 6' lengths or 3 posts cut a little shorter to fit my area better, ideally about 20 plants in 3.5'' net pots with hydroton or rock. im gonna be flowering in a 4'x5.5' room with a 1000w w/ open batwing reflector, and would like to only run one water pump and air pump for the whole system, is that practical? low maintenance is key here.

id like to run one line from the rez and split it into 2 or 3 separate 1/2'' hoses, and drop the hose right into the far end of the fence post and let it run back into the rez. - I want to avoid any clogging. no misters or anything just gravity from the end of the elevated post. will that be adequate watering to the roots? i dont have as much vertical space so i want to keep them short, will the 4x4 post have enough space for root growth all the way through flower?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

20 plants in 15 linear feet of channel give you about 8-9 inch spacing . The roots will run into each other. Depending on how long you grow them, it may not matter. 4x4 is a pretty big space.

1/2 inch emitters is HUGE. Think about 1/8 inch or 3/16". You wont maintain pressure in the 1/2 inch lines. If you do, it will be WAY too much flow rate. Unless I don't understand something.

What is the air pump for ? O2 for the reservoir ?

Back
Top Bottom