No stretch in flower?

Bud Good

Been in 12/12 for one month tomorrow, in that time one plant stretched about 8" in the first few days and grew into the light causing one of the buds to burn. The other plant stretched maybe about a foot, and is now even with the one that was slightly taller. In the last 3 weeks, they have not grown vertically. Nice looking buds, plants look healthy... but I though they would at least double in height? They were about 3' when I put them into flower. If I were to guestimate, the larger plant with 4 main colas and about 6 almost main colas that I neglected to keep at an even height probably has 3-4 oz of dry weight bud already. Is there anything to be concerned about nute wise? No signs of deficiency or excess... but I'm worrying I'm missing something. I'm sure it's probably nothing, just looking for someone with experience to tell this noob everything is fine :)

Thanks in advance!

What kind of light? What kinda of genetics? From clone or seed? Scrog?. Etc,etc?

I'm assuming your using cfls or a t5 since it sounds like your light was really close the whole time. Some genetics just don't stretch much and weaker lights seem to slow the stretch too. Stressing your plant in the first week to two of flowering can also stunt growth.... we would love some pics and I would personally love to have some plants that didn't stretch as much. Mine tripled in height and i hate it....

What kind of light? What kinda of genetics? From clone or seed? Scrog?. Etc,etc?

I'm assuming your using cfls or a t5 since it sounds like your light was really close the whole time. Some genetics just don't stretch much and weaker lights seem to slow the stretch too. Stressing your plant in the first week to two of flowering can also stunt growth.... we would love some pics and I would personally love to have some plants that didn't stretch as much. Mine tripled in height and i hate it....

They are currently under a 1000w equivalent LED, it's not a sponsored brand, so I don't believe I can say whose it is... but it got some very good reviews on the site I bought it from. Unknown genetics, they came from a bag that was labeled "SFV Kush". From seed. No scrog, just multiple toppings.

They were vegged under T5HO, and yes, the LED light was too close when the one made contact. I had to remove some shelves from the closet that I made into my flowering room, and I dragged my feet on it. I just put two plants in so I could test the light, and although it recommends 30" to start, it seemed fine at 8" so I just left it. The leaves aren't canoed/burnt at all, and even the one bud that contacted the light is being overgrown with new bud. I will do my best to take a few pictures.

Back
Top Bottom