Noob Attempt 1: 300w LED

qmoSnake

First attempt at grow. Live in Asia and can only get low quality stuff here that has a bunch of seeds in em. So I have no idea what kinda strain this is. Pretty sure it's a sativa as I get an "upper" high. So two weeks ago I took some of the seeds left in the grinder and placed in wet paper towels. 5 days later saw they germinated with root coming out. So I thought I'd see how far I could go with it. Took some paper cups and poked holes in the bottom and added soil from house plants. Then placed under cfl about a foot away. 2 days later they broke thru the soil on March 1st. It was only then that I thought about taking this grow seriously and started researching online. At this point I had only placed 2 seeds into paper cups. Seeing that I could grow them I went and bought soilless mix and placed another 12 seeds in paper cups. After 5 days under CFL they've stretched a lot and drooped over so I've held them up with toothpicks and paper clips. It was only after research did I find they stretched too much cuz light was too far away. Did some research on lights and got a 300 watt (100 x 3watt) light and place 6 in above.

My setup:
300 watt LED

Ive been using tap water and a spray bottle with about 4 sprays every 6 hours. They get 18 hrs light each day. I haven't given them any nutrients. It's been 10 days since they broke thru the soil. Could anyone tell me if they need nutrients now and what kind? I'm in Asia so can't get nutes tailored for mj. I think I'm supposed to use something high in nitrogen. But am unsure of proportions. I can only get 16-6-12npk here that's high in nitrogen. Will this do? Other fertilizers are all of same portions 14-14-14, 17-17-17, and 20-20-20

Here's a close up taken today

wow, that is some serious stretch. Good luck on your first grow

Haha. Yea. Didn't do any research then and didn't know about light placement. Hopefully they'll still work out. Did tons of research online and YouTube so fingers crossed

Just bought five 1ft pots today and a bottle of B1 (it also has 1.5-8-1.5 labeled on the bottle) and a bag of soilless mix. Should I be adding the B1 now or is it just for clones? Also when can I move the plants over to the 1ft pots?

Pic of pot

Hi qmoSnake,

Welcome to 420 Magazine! :welcome:

I'm glad to learn of your attempt at cultivation and that you've begun to do some research. Your plants should strengthen soon and be able to hold themselves upright. You might consider adding a fan to your grow area to gently move the plants which encourages stronger stems.

Without knowing anything about the soil your using, I would caution against fertilizing until the plants are 5 or 6 weeks old. You will probably need to transplant them to your larger containers at around 3-4 weeks and the "fresh" soil in the containers should provide enough nutrition for their first few weeks.

Over-fertilization is very easy to do, but much harder to correct than under-fertilization. So my suggestion would be to supply very little fertilizer when it is time to do so. The 16-6-12 should be sufficient during their vegetative growth cycle. If you still haven't found access to any Cannabis specific nutrients by the time of flowering, perhaps you can locate something made specifically for tomatoes. Blooming tomatoes have very similar nutritional needs to budding cannabis.

Be well, happy growing, and again- welcome to :420:

Hey TanR

Took ur advice and added a fan. Also raised the height of some of the plants to prevent stretching.

The soil is soiless mix. Doesn't have fertilizer in it. But think the packaging says enriched. It's in a foreign language so not sure what else it says. Thanks for letting me know what I'll be needing to do next.

Here's a pic taken yesterday
image8533.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom